05 Jayco Granite Ridge lighter plug not working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jangelj

I just got an 05 Jayco Granite Ridge on Ford e450 chassis. There is a lighter and a 12 volt outlet on the dash.  The 12 volt works but the lighter plug does not.  I've checked all the fuses under the dash and hood. Everything seems fine. Some of the fuses holders are empty, but if I try to put a fuse in them they just fall out. Presumably because they are not wired so there is nothing there to hold the fuse.

I removed the radio and can see the back of the outlet. There are wires coming out of it but they go into a taped bundle and I can't tell where they go.  I'm tempted to just rewire it but getting this dashboard apart is proving very difficult

Can anyone who has a Granite Ridge or even a Ford e450 chassis offer any insight?  Does your lighter work?  Does Jayco disable them?  How does this dash come apart? 

I did a quick Google search for an '05 E450 cigarette lighter inoperative and found several places that talk about this. The Site Fixya had 2 posts; one saying there was a 20amp fuse in the fuse box in engine compartment and the other said there was a "cigar"  fuse in a 2nd fuse box that is hidden up under the instrument panel above the first one ((post had an accompanying diagram from the owners manual showing a fuse labeled cigar). Are you sure you didn't overlook a fuse and did you actually test all the fuses with a test light to make sure they are good? It's also possible that the lighter is tied into another circuit that has a blown fuse. I also checked my owners manual for our '00 Maverick built on an E450 chassis and there is a fuse listed for the cigar lighter/data link connector. It is #23 and 20 amps. This is in the fuse box located in the passenger compartment.

Back
Top Bottom