Disconnecting TT or Toad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scott 3

When you are boondocking in remote locations (not Walmart, etc) do you disconnect your TT or toad to explore or go into town?  Do you worry about leaving your RV in a boondocking location unattended?

Exploring and/or running in to town is what my toad is for. I make sure anything of value is locked away and trust it will still be there when I get back. Even when parked in spots that were not designated boondock areas I have had no issues.

I have the same concerns. Unhooking the Truck makes it look like nobody is home and the trailer is abandon.  Anyone with a 5th wheel or wrecker can hook up and drive off.
A Toad on the other hand, unless they have been watching doesn't know if someone is home or not.  Also to take the Class A or C will require special wrecker. 
I do plan on adding an audible alarm and cell transmitter to alert me to a problem.
Does anyone know of any statistics or stories?

When we camp, I always unhook the TT first thing,  set it up, level it and put out the slide.  I never worry about someone coming and taking it.  Just don't believe it would ever happen and if it should, that's what insurance is for.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom