Nana's Wheelhouse is gone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ned

Moderator Emeritus
Our 1997 Endeavor LE motorhome sold yesterday.  A lovely couple (forum members) drove from Burnsville, MN, to Spring Branch in 2 days to look at the motorhome.  They arrived late Tuesday and stayed in the motorhome that night.  We spent the next day doing a walkthrough showing all the systems and how they operate.  Yesterday they said they would buy it so we went to the bank and did a wire transfer as their bank was the same as ours.  We returned home and did some more walkthrough, and we have a few things to go through this morning before they head back north.  It's a bit sad to see the motorhome leave, but as I can't travel right now and the motorhome was just sitting, it's better that it gets some use.  Just sitting, the water pump failed but we had a spare and our next door neighbor came over and replaced the pump.  We have great neighbors <g>.  On the bright side, we can now accommodate 2 visitors with RVs at one time.  We have one full hookup site and one electric and water.  We expect those will be filled after the Big Bend rally for a few days at least.

Happy to hear the MH sold Ned, and bought by folks from our home state no less. We enjoyed meeting you and Lorna in Lanesboro, MN on Memorial weekend a few years back. Please feel free to invite the new owners to join us in Lanesboro this Memorial weekend at Eagle Cliff Campground where they can meet some forum members if they choose.

Someone bought a well looked after coach. Congratulations on the sale, but sad about the surrounding circumstances.

Becks, you can invite them, the forum name cadee2c.

Tom, better it's being driven than parked. Hopefully I can travel again some day, but for now, if we do, it will be by motel.

Reason I was asking was because of my fiance and I going fulltime this summer and could possibly be looking for places to stay in the winter? Something like this might be nice vs an RV park.

While we aren't really looking for long term guests, you're certainly welcome to visit if you get this way.

That's nice of you to offer! We wouldn't be long anyway. Just passing thru. Nice to meet other members on here. Thanx!
Ken

Ned, as you know, you sold Nana's Wheelhouse to a very nice MN couple.  We met Cadee2 and her husband last year at the spring rally in Lanesboro, MN and have met up with them a few times since then.  We are hoping they will join the Yellowstone rally in May but realize they have a lot going on right now.

The reason I give my old motorhomes and cars away is because I would worry about something going wrong after someone else got it.  If it is a gift I do not feel so bad if anything happend.

It is always hard to predict what might happen to even the best maintained rig.

HueyPilotVN said:
The reason I give my old motorhomes and cars away is because I would worry about something going wrong after someone else got it.  If it is a gift I do not feel so bad if anything happend.

It is always hard to predict what might happen to even the best maintained rig.

Let me know when the next giveaway is.  8) 

That is great news Ned, I heard in last night's Virtual Campfire that Caryl and her DH were with you looking at your coach.  We're happy for you that it came together.  I said to Father Bob that it would be nice to see the HR continue to show up at Forum Rallies.  It (along with you and Lorna) were at our first attended Rally in Nashville, so I'm sure Caryl will keep up the tradition.
    Ed

As you're taking a break--whether intended or not--in your life style, Kathy and I are looking forward to a few years of living on the road. I'm starting late because of my vocation. I'm a solo primary care doc and haven't been able to take more than a week off in 40+ years. My brother lives near you, in Spring Branch. His home overlooks the Guadalupe and if you hear him tell it, also looks ove the spring that Spring Creek is named for. Just thought I'd say hi, as I might want to stop by someday. Unfortunately, it will likely be 3+ years out. I've been following the forum for a couple of years, now, and have been generally impressed by your thoughtful, logical and informed responses to the many inquiries you address.
Bob

prfcdoc said:
I've been following the forum for a couple of years, now, and have been generally impressed by your thoughtful, logical and informed responses to the many inquiries you address.

Yep, Ned rocks!!

WILDEBILL308,

We are about 40 miles north of downtown San Antonio a little east of Hwy 281 and north of Hwy 306 which is in Spring Branch.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom