Winterizing my Camper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Bennetts

When the winter comes in, i winterize my 31' Dutchmen with rv antifreeze.  the problem is when we want to go camping on Thanksgiving and Christmas (My wife is a school teacher and can't be out of work) I have to flush my lines and at the end of the trip,  i re-winterize with antifreeze.  Some one told me to blow out my water lines with air.  Will this work and any idea how to go about doing it.

If you click on the "Advanced search" link above and key in "winterizing" without the quotes, you will find several posts relating to your question. If they don't, please ask again with a specific question and we'll try to help you. :)

Where's a $5.00 attachment that you screw onto the city water hookup.  It has a valve stem on it.  You blow compressed air through the lines.  Just like when you do the RV antifreeze you have to open the faucets. 

***You do want to limit the air pressure to I think it's 40 PSI.***

IMO this doesn't get all of the water out.  You still will want to pump the RV antifreeze through the system.  Blowing out the lines first just reduces the amount of antifreeze needed to get all of the water out.

Back
Top Bottom