seeking knowledge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dieselpower

okay. today I drove my new (1993) Fleetwood bounder 35ft Oshkosh rear engine Cummins motorhome the 85 miles to my house. 2 things I found out are 1. death wobble at about 30-40 mph only. it appears to have had SteerSafe kit installed on the front axle at some prior point because the springs on the driver's side were laying in a storage compartment due to loose bolts which allowed the mechanism to be pulled sideways by the springs.
and 2. when pulling away from a stop during a shift (maybe 2-3 shift) i twice felt/heard an event that was a mixture of a grinding/squealing sound that i could feel which seemed to come from the rear engine/transmission/rear end area. when this happened it was under full throttle and i let off as soon as it happened and the noise instantly stopped. and over the 85 mile trip it did this twice out of probably 25 or 30 times of stopping then taking off again.
any ideas? i forgot to mention, i did reinstall the missing springs from the steersafe part before i drove home today.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom