BISBEE, AZ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wright.james

Looking for a place to stay and things to do, will be there for about a week.
How is the bird watching ?

Can't say anything about the bird watching, but I like the campground right next to the Copper Queen mine, above from the Copper Queen Hotel. Don't miss having a hamburger at Dot's Diner, the new owner is a Culinary Institute graduate and continues Dot's legacy.

Birdwatching should be good. Lots of them winter in southern Arizona. It's for sure the birds aren't up here in Colorado!! Although it's been cool enough in Arizona that the birds may have flown south to Puerto Pinasco.

Bird watching is better in the vicinity of the Huachuca Mountains and Sierra Vista.  It's a 30 mile 35 minute drive from Bisbee to Sierra Vista and the Huachuca's.

There is a neat, but limited CG in Naco 1/2 way between Bisbee and SV collocated with the Turquoise Valley Gold Course that you might think about.

Good Luck,
:)

Check in the San Pedro House on the San Pedro River and Hwy 90 east of Sierra Vista.  It's a birders lookout/sanctuary and one of the biggest cottonwood trees I've ever seen here abouts.  There are birder walks leaving from the waste treatment plant on Hwy 90,(just east of Sierra Vista, and just west of Moson Road, that road being it's eastern boundary) on Saturday mornings at 8.00 a.m.  Also go up Ramsey Canyon in the Huachucas for another birders paradise, though the informational house is closed this time of year.  This area claims to be the humming bird capitol and some species live all year round here.  As do many variety of birds.  Heard a bunch chirping in my neighbor's yard this morning.

Have fun!

Daisy

We just left Bisbee yesterday morning and stayed 4 days at the Double Adobe Ranch.  It is a little out of town, about 3 miles, but the people are just so friendly.  It was about $17/night.  The owner makes breakfast Thurs - Sun mornings.  Tons of birding, big sites, 50 amp service, free toll free phone to use, dog friendly, etc.
Propane was only $2.25/gallon.  There is a clubhouse with a pool table and it is open 24/7.  A paradise for trapshooters - they do that alot there!  There are long horn cattle, horses, etc. all around.  The sunsets are incredible, we were there during a full moon.

Enjoy!

Shelley

Back
Top Bottom