EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Air-Cooled VW owners  (Read 4913 times)

Molaker

• ---
  • We don't camp. We tour.
    • Pumpkin and Us
Re: Air-Cooled VW owners
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2016, 11:01:06 AM »
My first new car was a 1968 with the auto shift transmission.  As I remember it was a 3 speed that could be shifted
or just put it in gear and go.  Remember lots of problems with ATF  blowing out the fill port.

MOLAKER;  Just a wag but was that picture taken on Pass Island between the two spans of Deception Pass bridge?
Mypursuit: Sorry, I missed your note.  Yes, I believe that was on Pass Island.  I was stationed at NAS Whidbey Is. then.  I was attached to VAH-8.
Tom & Joyce and Ditto the "don't tell her she's a dog" Westie
U.S. Navy (Ret)
2014 Winnebago ERA 70X 24' class B Sprinter chassis

Utclmjmpr

• ---
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2016, 11:23:41 AM »
  I just returned from a rally at Lake Mead near the dam,,towing the BaJa.. On the return trip I was along side another diesel M/H towing a suburban on a trailer climbing Black Ridge pass between St. George and Cedar City when this guy took exception to me passing him. The smoke began rolling out of this guys exhaust and the race was on up the mountain.. At 80, I was comfortably ahead and realized that that BaJa was traveling faster that it had ever seen!!>>>Dan
38' American Tradition 38TT/330 turbo Cummins
Jeep liberty 4 down
72 VW Baja 4 down
Cedar City, Utah
USAF vet. 59-63
The difference between intelligence & stupidity is: intelligence has it's limits
      Albert Einstein.
President Western GM Coach chapter FMCA

RoyM

• ---
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2016, 11:39:27 AM »
Our daughter in law now wants one with chrome eyebrows and covered in decals but her hubby (my step son) at 6'6" can't get in it. LOL
Ram 2500 diesel
Prowler fifth wheel
Urge to travel

Lou Schneider

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2016, 12:13:09 PM »
That's unusual.  The air cooled VW bug had more headroom and legroom than most other cars of that vintage, and more than most modern cars.

Are you sure he had the seat slid back before he tried to get in?  The setting is different for a 5 ft. person vs someone who is 6' 6". :)

MikeCoke

• ---
    • Mike and Wendy's RV Travels
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2016, 02:14:45 AM »
That's unusual.  The air cooled VW bug had more headroom and legroom than most other cars of that vintage, and more than most modern cars.

Are you sure he had the seat slid back before he tried to get in?  The setting is different for a 5 ft. person vs someone who is 6' 6". :)
Check out this VW TV ad that shows a 6'6" Basketball player getting in and driving an 1966 VW Beetle.

https://youtu.be/v8s4BAB5fEY
Mike, Wendy & Gordon our Yellow Lab
2015 Tiffin Allegro 31SA with Inverter & Generator and soon to have Solar Panels
Toad 1973 Yellow VW Beetle
Retired NPS Ranger

RoyM

• ---
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2016, 07:27:57 PM »
Okay, he claims he can't get in it. ;D
Ram 2500 diesel
Prowler fifth wheel
Urge to travel

Hosted by Over The Network