Can my Duroflame heater run on 120v only or does it require 12v only?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pkaufman

I have a Skamper with a Duroflame heater and not sure if it can run on 120v only or if it needs 12v as well along with the propane?

The heater model number would be helpful, but without that, I'll ask a few questions to get started (while you find the model #):

1.  Is the brand name Duraflame or Duroflame?

2.  Is the heater installed in the camper (part of the original equipment) or a stand-alone?

3.  Does the heater plug into a standard AC outlet or is it "hard wired".

4.  Does the heater have a built-in thermostat or use one mounted on the wall?

pkaufman said:
I think Duraflame, OEM built in, Hard Wired, Wall mounted thermostat.
Chances are, with a wall mounted thermostat, it will require 12 vdc for the thermostat, at minimum.  Without knowing more about the actual heater, it may have a control board that requires 12 vdc or may not.

All that said, most RV heaters (furnaces) run on LP and are controlled with 12 vdc (thermostat, blower and control board).  120 vac is not used at all.

Duraflame is a brand of 120v electric heater.  I think you may have a Hydroflame, which is a furnace brand from Atwood and used in many RVs. The Atwood Hydroflame uses LP gas for heating but requires 12v power for the fan and the thermostat (if equipped).

Thanks i think that is the case will only run with LP and 12v to heater.  I dont think it will run with 120v via converter.

Anything that runs on 12v should owrk the same whether the 12v comes from battery or the converter. In the usual set-up, battery and converter are wired in parallel and either can provide the 12v power. Are you sure the converter/charger is working?

Had a blown fuse from the converter so now when it plugged into 120v runs fine.  Thanks for all your help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom