Australian's heading to Van & Camping Shows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ian

It's that time of the year again and Australians will be flocking to their nearest Caravan and Camping Show over the next few months. OK a translation for you, Caravan = Travel Trailer, OK?

Anyways, four big shows and several smaller ones are coming up so if any readers are in Australia at the moment it might be something of interest to head to the nearest show and see what is coming up for the this year in the way of campers, vans, motor homes, tents and all the ancillaries and extras you could imagine.

I hope to make another visit to the Adelaide Show on the 25th of this month. Will tell you all about it if I get there.

South Australia Caravan & Camping Show
When: 21 - 25 February, 2007
Where: Adelaide Showgrounds, SA
Read more:

Perth Caravan & Camping Show
When: 8 - 12 March, 2007
Where: Belmont Park Racecourse, WA
Read more:

Victorian Caravan, Camping & Touring Super Show
When: 28 March - 3 April, 2007
Where: Caulfield Racecourse VIC
Read more:

Sydney Caravan Show
When: April 14 - 22, 2007
Where: Rosehill Racecourse
Read more:

Brisbane Caravan Show
When: June 6 - 12, 2007
Where: RNA Showgrounds, Fortitude Valley
Read more:

2007 MINI SHOWS
Adelaide Mini Show
When: August 03 - 05, 2007
Where: Adelaide Showground at Wayville
Read more:

Penrith Show
When: Penrith Panthers
When: September 14 - 16, 2007

RV & Camping Leisurefest
When: October 05 - 07, 2007
Where: Sandown Racecourse
Read more:

Batemans Bay Caravan & Camping Show
WWhen: November 09-11, 2007
here: Batemans Bay, South Coast NSW

Bendigo RV & Camping Leisurefest
When: November 23 - 25, 2007
Where: Bendigo Racecourse
Read more:

We're patiently waiting for you to buy your dream RV Ian.

That's an awesome tractor/trailer combination Ian. Start saving your pennies.

Too big for down here Tom, I think we're on a 40foot max length unless we want to pay haulage registrations. Not real sure how things work out. I have heard that I would need a heavy haulage license for driving a rig like that. Then again, you almost need a license like that to drive a rig like yours. Biggest vehicle we can drive on a car license would be under 4.5 tonne, and that's including any trailer combinations.

If I get to the Caravan Show I hope to be able to ask some questions of folks who might know these things.

P'raps I should get a Forum Flag and put it on my backpack that I use to haul around all the paper stuff I pick up from the dealers ;)

Ian said:
P'raps I should get a Forum Flag and put it on my backpack that I use to haul around all the paper stuff I pick up from the dealers

Good idea! Be sure to get your order in next time around.

Ian,

So you don't feel too bad, think about driving that prime mover around a grocery store parking lot.  Probably not the easiest thing to do.  On the other hand, it is a fine looking rig!

ArdraF

Thanks Ardra, it does look nice doesn't it. HER Indoors is of the opinion that the F250 and 350 are 'trucks' and too big for her to drive. Wonder what she would think of this Iveco as a tow vehicle? I really like it and I love the 4 seat capacity across the back seat. If I could get that in Auto and have the cab tricked up a little I think it could give some great miles and tow a reasonable sized 5'er AND be something that she might be interested in driving.Edit: Just got this from another 5th wheeler site:
Example 1: A new F-250 4x4 Super Cab XLT 7.3L Turbo Diesel 4 Speed Auto has been assigned by Ford Australia a Fifth Wheeler towing capacity of 5443kg.
Example 2: A new F?350 4x4 Super Cab Chassis XLT 7.3L Turbo Diesel 4 Speed Auto has been assigned by Ford Australia a Fifth Wheeler towing capacity of 5625kg.
Example 3: The new Toyota Landcruiser RV Cab Chassis Turbo Diesel has a GCM of 6800 kg. The Kerb Weight is 1950 kg. Allow 450 kg for tray, people and personals.
6800 ? 1950 = 4850 ? 450 = 4400 kg Fifth Wheeler.
Example 4: The new Patrol Cab Chassis Turbo Diesel has a GCM of 5900 kg. The Kerb Weight is 2128 kg. Allow 450 kg for tray, people and personals.
5900 ? 2128 = 3772 ? 450 = 3322 kg Fifth Wheeler.
Example 5: The new Nissan Navara Dual Cab Turbo Diesel has a GCM of 5805 kg. The Kerb Weight is 1985 kg. Allow 400 kg for people and personals.
5805 - 1985 = 3820 ? 400 = 3420 kg Fifth Wheeler.
Example 6: The IVECO 50C17 Dual Cab Turbo Diesel has a GCM of 7995 kg. The Kerb Weight is 2165 kg. Allow 900 kg for tray, people and personals.
7995 ? 2165 = 5830 ? 900 = 4930 kg Fifth Wheeler.

Wonder how that compares with tow vehicles over your way?

Back
Top Bottom