Moab Photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SOMEBODY said the Firey Furnace walk was an easy one.  Wrong, it was  a climb and scramble up rocks and a slide down rocks on your back side.  Jerry  Fitzgerald was a terrific leader and we all got more exercise than bargained for, but we feel healthy and proud of ourselves for completion of it.  We did note that the Park rangers who led tours down into the canyon did  so in the opposite direction as our travel.  A lesson there?
Great fun with a great bunch of uniscouts!

Betty Brewer

BernieD said:
Ron from Big D said:
You people are tearing my heart out.? Wish we were there. :'(

Keep sending the photos so we can re-live the rally from a distance.

OK, Ron, we have to have our own private Moab rally as soon as we are both fit to travel again. Then we can post our own pictures. Of course, we have to get Betty and Terry back also so Betty can organize all of our activities ;D ;D ;D

I agree Bernie.  We'll do it up real good.  Any change in your condition?

Ron

OK, Ron, we have to have our own private Moab rally as soon as we are both fit to travel again. Then we can post our own pictures. Of course, we have to get Betty and Terry back also so Betty can organize all of our activities ;D ;D ;D

I agree Bernie.  We'll do it up real good.  Any change in your condition?

Ron

Ron

No, still excellent. Saw the cardiologist yesterday, everything was fine; blood pressure, pulse, heart. The warfarin is slowly building up but as long as I have no incidents it really isn't necessary. Have a stress test scheduled for next week and we'll see what that has to say.

Tom:

Saw a couple pretty rigs in your gallery.? MORE RIGS!

Sam:

My Admiral Sharon freaked out when she saw your quilt in Tom's baptismal album.? Gorgeous!

Betty:

I still say Firey Furnace looks like good exercise.? That means VERY HARD WALK!? ?;D

Smoky said:
Saw a couple pretty rigs in your gallery.  MORE RIGS!

Hurry up and get on the road and you'll get to see them in person.

Smoky said:
Sam:

My Admiral Sharon freaked out when she saw your quilt in Tom's baptismal album.? Gorgeous!

Thanks Smoky.  Tell  your Admiral Sam can show several more of her quilts while you are at Sam's Camp.

BernieD said:
Tom said:
Ron & Bernie,

We're all missing you both. You can look at our photo gallery any time to see what you missed.

Tom

Yeah, but it isn't the same, specially missing all the framily there at one time. But I'll settle for Ron, Shirley and the girls and we could then look at the pictures? :D :D

What a wonderful sentiment.  Makes me feel warm all over. ;D

Hi:

The scenery photos are nice.  How long are the various hikes?

Request:  Could you start a section of people photos?  Lots of pictures of all of you at the campground and doing activities.  I'm from the city.  I like to see people, especially since I've heard so much from and about everyone.  Any way to identify people in the photos?

Thanks.

--pat

Pat

Check out our photo albums by clicking Photos in the toolbar above.

Can't see the Photos button? You need to register and log into the forum.

Ron from Big D said:
You people are tearing my heart out.? Wish we were there. :'(

Keep sending the photos so we can re-live the rally from a distance.

Same here.  We're having major withdrawal symptoms.  We're already looking forward to next year.

Right now we're in Slidell doing the annual round of docs.  Den's BP is up, and I have to have a stress test on Wednesday.  On the whole, we'd rather be with framily.

Sounds as if you're feeling much better???

Photo from Island in the sky area overlooking a small part of the White Rim Trail.? Left to right: AL & Vel Woods, Laurie & Chet Parks, And Sam.? Second Photo is of Candlestick Peak from the Island in the sky area.

Attachments

• Candlestick peak (Medium).JPG
    Candlestick peak (Medium).JPG
    98 KB · Views: 29
  • Overlooking White Rim (Medium).JPG
    Overlooking White Rim (Medium).JPG
    106 KB · Views: 31
Here are some pics from todays Hovenweep trip.

Terry
At Moab, UT

Attachments

• Hovenweep01 (Small).JPG
    Hovenweep01 (Small).JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Hovenweep02 (Small).JPG
    Hovenweep02 (Small).JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Hovenweep04 (Small).JPG
    Hovenweep04 (Small).JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 31
Pat said:
Hi:

The scenery photos are nice.  How long are the various hikes?

Request:  Could you start a section of people photos?  Lots of pictures of all of you at the campground and doing activities.  I'm from the city.  I like to see people, especially since I've heard so much from and about everyone.  Any way to identify people in the photos?

Thanks.

--pat

Tom, I think this is a great ideer!  Why don't you ask everybody to send in their favorite picture of theirselves.  If they don't send in a picture you can pick one from the archives.

Joel

joelmyer said:
Why don't you ask everybody to send in their favorite picture of theirselves. If they don't send in a picture you can pick one from the archives.

Joel

I have a CD (actually two) of numerous Framily members idetified by name. But I don't feel comfortable uploading them to our photo albums without having their permission.

Attached are photos from Arches National Park and the Moab area. The hike to Delicate Arch is similar to the one for Corona & Bowtie. I think they scenery and arch at Corona is better. :)

Attachments

• Arches N.P. & LaSal Mts..JPG
    Arches N.P. & LaSal Mts..JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Delicate Arch.JPG
    Delicate Arch.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Tenacity.JPG
    Tenacity.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 25
More photos from Arches N.P. Several of us did the hike through Park Avenue. Really neat!!!

Attachments

• Erosion.JPG
    Erosion.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Park Ave 01.JPG
    Park Ave 01.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Park Ave 02.JPG
    Park Ave 02.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 24
Great photos again Jim.

BTW is Park Avenue accessed via the foot trail that starts at the turnaround at the far end of Arches NP?

What's the big deal about Moab? All I see in the photos are a bunch of rocks and some scrub brush.    ;D

Back
Top Bottom