EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: 1978 Dodge Sportsman (Rockwood) needs wheels and tires  (Read 758 times)

EvilM0nkey

1978 Dodge Sportsman (Rockwood) needs wheels and tires
« on: April 18, 2016, 10:49:49 AM »
I know there are several other Motor Homes on here similar to my Opal. What did you replace the wheels with? I've been chasing dead ends all day trying to find a set of wheels that fit this thing.
Currently it still has the 16.5 wheels on it.

I want to go with a standard size wheel. I'm also not interested in putting bias ply tires back on it. I didn't even know you could buy those!

mrsocks

Re: 1978 Dodge Sportsman (Rockwood) needs wheels and tires
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 05:11:36 PM »
I am looking for those same wheels but in 16" size. Did you ever have any luck in your search? The post is a year old but, if anything, I am hopeful!!

systemcat

• ---
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 05:37:35 PM »
Hmm, this dilemma sounds similar to an issue I had months back with my modern car. Tell'em what you're driving and no one wants to sell you tires. Show them the vehicle and they change their tune.

PS: If that isn't the case, we're both in a bad boat considering my RV is similar to your's make & age.
Brand new owner of a '76 Georgie Boy that's going to be refurbished. Wish me luck!

cobra 1

• ---
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 10:42:45 PM »
Go on ebay, there are dealers there that sell stock style 16'' replacement rims .

My 1984 rv is on a Ford E350 chassis and it has the stock 16.5'' rims. I found several dealers
on ebay that sell stock style 16'' rims for my rv. The rims I found are about $80.00 each.   

Hosted by Over The Network