MyRVMail vs Escapees Mail Service

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kmburns49

We are trying to decide on a Florida mail forwarding service that will also be our permanent domicile address. Our research has narrowed it down to two: MyRVMail in Crestview and Escapees Mail Service in Bushnell. Any thoughts on the two? :confused:
I know that the Escapees service issues two addresses, a mailbox number in Texas and a physical address in Florida. Not sure how I feel about that. Has this been an issue for anyone?

I do not have any information on Escapees.  Hopefully someone who uses Escapees will comment. 

We have used www.MyRVMail.com since 2011.  We are able to have our mail forwarded when we request it or, as was the case this winter, can set it to ship automatically every Monday (or whatever day you choose).  I like that they list each piece in so that I can see who it is from and I can have items shredded and trashed or forwarded.

If you have a piece of mail that you need urgently, they will open it and scan it to a PDF file.

I don't know how their pricing compares with other services.  There may be cheaper services. Their service is outstanding as far as I am concerned and well worth the price IMO.

:)    This is something I really need to explore ..

to satisfy the Feds does a mail address/service co. have to be in the same state of your official residence ?

I see a lot of rv's from South Dakota and I hear there is a big retirement advantage to being a So. Dakota resident.

if so,  is there any of these same services in S/D ?

I use Traveling Mailbox so I can keep a WA state address.  Has anyone had trouble with the Postal service delivering mail to their service?  I have not been able to receive the new COSTCO credit card because "the PO does not forward credit cards".  They refuse to deliver the credit card to the forwarding service.  Doesn't make sense because they've delivered two credit cards and an ATM card during my travels and I got them fine by using the TM service.  The PO isn't forward the credit card my mail service is!  Any ideas?

In deciding between the Crestview and Bushnell addresses, check with your vehicle and medical insurance carriers to see which area has better rates.

One thing you should ask any prospective mail forwarding service is what will happen if they go out of business?  The post office will not honor forwarding requests from a mail forwarding address because of the extra effort needed to sort through all of the incoming mail, in effect they'd have to take over the forwarder's business.  If a forwarding company shuts down all of the incoming mail will simply be returned to sender.

Does the company have a plan to continue operating long enough to let their customers make other arrangements?  Or will your mail wind up in limbo until you contact all of your correspondents and tell them new address?

Escapees is the nation's largest mail forwarder, they've been around since 1985 and it's extremely unlikely they'll shut their doors any time soon.  You can't say the same about a Mom and Pop operation, what happens if Mom or Pop dies or they decide to retire?

Escapees is the nation's largest mail forwarder, they've been around since 1985 and it's extremely unlikely they'll shut their doors any time soon.  You can't say the same about a Mom and Pop operation, what happens if Mom or Pop dies or they decide to retire?

I got caught in this situation - my mail forwarder got hit with an unexpected divorce and had to go back to a full time job so she shut down her service.

It was a big mess to get straightened out.

Bill

Lou Schneider said:
Escapees is the nation's largest mail forwarder, they've been around since 1985 and it's extremely unlikely they'll shut their doors any time soon.

And the Escapees mail service is the only one with their own ZIP code as far as I know... :)

NY_Dutch said:
And the Escapees mail service is the only one with their own ZIP code as far as I know... :)

And this is important why??

If you are considering Escapees FL or SD options be aware that it is an odd 2-step arrangement IMO.  Your FL or SD addresses are to be used only for "official" mail relating to your domicile.  All your regular mail goes to your TX address.  No mail is dispatched from either the FL or SD location; everything goes back to Livingston TX to be sent to you.

We have been using a SD mail forwarder, MyDakotaAdress, for nearly 6 years and have been very happy with the service.  All incoming mail is identified to me in an email with the return address information.  At my request selected articles are opened, scanned and emailed to me free of charge.  My mail is sent to me whenever I wish, on demand, by whatever carrier USPS/UPS/FedEx that I specify.  The service is owned by a group of investors and is not owned by the people working there.  They hire the staff and I'm sure they would replace the lead person if she were to leave.

Joel (AKA docj)

I recommend MyRVMail https://www.myrvmail.com/ in Florida. They?ve been in business for many years serving the cruising, RVing and traveler communities, and we?ve heard nothing but glowing recommendations. They were easy to work with, sign-up was handled all online, and they provided all of the forms and instructions. They quickly answered our questions, including verifying that you could use our new address for our businesses without needing any additional occupancy license. Very impressed with their high tech scanning solution that actually lets you see the outside of incoming mail as soon as it arrives, and for a small extra fee they will even open your mail and scan the contents on request!

I forgot to mention a couple of other things. MYRVMail is starting imaging of all your mail and also gives you a virtual mailbox. In the virtual mailbox you can view your mail all online and determine what you want mailed or simply print it off. Love this place.

jimpaar said:
I forgot to mention a couple of other things. MYRVMail is starting imaging of all your mail and also gives you a virtual mailbox. In the virtual mailbox you can view your mail all online and determine what you want mailed or simply print it off. Love this place.

Just catching up to the competition.

TonyDtorch said:
:)    This is something I really need to explore ..

to satisfy the Feds does a mail address/service co. have to be in the same state of your official residence ?

Not according to my experience. We use MyRVMail (same as Good Sam) in Crestview. Our legal residence is California.

?

I have been using the mail forwarding service in Crestview, Florida for about 4 years. Very good service. I think I pay about $9.00/month as a GoodSam member.
No matter what service you use, here's a thought to consider... If you do an order to, say Amazon.com, or any others where you will be getting a box, try arrange pickup at a UPS Store, hotel, local business, etc. It will save you a small fortune versus having it remailed through a mail forwarding service!

touress said:
I use Traveling Mailbox so I can keep a WA state address.  Has anyone had trouble with the Postal service delivering mail to their service?  I have not been able to receive the new COSTCO credit card because "the PO does not forward credit cards".  They refuse to deliver the credit card to the forwarding service.  Doesn't make sense because they've delivered two credit cards and an ATM card during my travels and I got them fine by using the TM service.  The PO isn't forward the credit card my mail service is!  Any ideas?

I have had the same trouble and more with USPS. They are totally inept.
As far as credit cards, etc., I use my mail forwarding address as my address of record with my credit union, brokerage, Costco, etc. Even the state DMV. So far, all credit cards etc get delivered OK because they are mailed directly there, not forwarded. Wife and I decided to do it that way and keep mail forwarding service active until we actually stop traveling and sell our rig. When we are home in our stick house we have mail sent every month or as needed.'s a little more expensive, but seems simpler to us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom