Concrete counter tops in a fifth wheel??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kelseylang4

We have renovated a 2008 Keystone Laredo fifth wheel which involved removing the existing kitchen set. We have replaced the base cabinets but cannot decide on countertops. We like the design of concrete counter tops (especially a rough/textured edge). Our concern is the countertop cracking from vibration while driving. I was wondering if anyone has tried putting in full concrete countertops in a motorhome. Any advice or suggestions?

Welcome to the forum!  I can't speak from experience, but I would say your concerns about cracking are legitimate.  My understanding is that concrete countertops can develop hairline cracks from curing even while stationary and that would be exacerbated by driving.  I would also be very concerned about weight. 

How thick would it be? Could you use rebar.  I would also be very concerned about the added weight although I believe some really high end RV's do have granite countertops.

kelseylang4 said:
We have renovated a 2008 Keystone Laredo fifth wheel which involved removing the existing kitchen set. We have replaced the base cabinets but cannot decide on countertops. We like the design of concrete counter tops (especially a rough/textured edge). Our concern is the countertop cracking from vibration while driving. I was wondering if anyone has tried putting in full concrete countertops in a motorhome. Any advice or suggestions?
You might be able to find Corion that approximates the color and texture you're looking for

Don't believe concrete tops would be practical in a rv of any sort, way to much vibration. They are now reinforcing them with fiberglass and chicken cage wire in homes. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom