Cat Computing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill N

Walked by the wife as she was using her laptop this morning and heard a lot of grumbling.  Took a second look and found the cause for the grumbling.  Her laptop was upside down on the table - the screen was where the keyboard should be and vice versa.  So, naturally I asked why the strange configuration.  Her terse reply was that she was working to get it fixed.  Seems the black rescue cat had strolled across her keyboard (which is not unusual for this cat) and managed to hit a combination of keys that made the display turn 180 degrees.  Hence the upside down configuration but she was trying to find a solution.  Since she is the techie in this family I left her to her task and it was not 5 minutes later that she had solved the problem by delving into something in the Control Panel.  But she still has not figured out what keys it took for the cat to turn the screen upside down.

Yup, you can also turn the screen sideways.. Not sure of the precise combo but CTRL-ALT-ARROW seems to be it as I recall. Drivers in this box do not always respond to it though.

Another key you need to know is F-11.. press it now, see what it does, then press it again to return.

John From Detroit said:
Another key you need to know is F-11.. press it now, see what it does, then press it again to return.
Pretty neat.
Its safe to do folks.  I held my breath and tried it...lol

Well, that is interesting. :) Our cat frequently makes herself at home on the keyboard when my wife is trying to use it. They have some interesting exchanges, I get a "SHADDUP" when I snicker.

Derby6 said:
Pretty neat.
Its safe to do folks.  I held my breath and tried it...lol

Yup it is safe,  A friend of mine, now deceased, who was a member of MENSA had her cat walk across the keyboard.....
She did not know what to do or what key had been hit but she did a first rate job of describing the problem and as it happened I'd been taught about that key just the day before so I was able to help her.

Always amazed when I teach someone who is in MENSA a new trick.

"Cat Computing" comes in two forms. Traditional "Cat Computing" is binary: either the Cat is Sleeping, or the Cat is doing something delightfully sneaky.

But there is also "Quantum Cat Computing", in which the cat frequently vanishes (leaving only a big smile, hanging in the air). "Where's the Cat?" becomes an interesting question, with no definitive answer. The more complicated your Trailer, the more you have to deal with the "Uncertainty Principal", depending on mere probabilities - until the Cat chooses to manifest itself. And some cats have more "Strangeness" than others. Just get used to it. As a famous person once said: If you think that you truly understand Quantum Cat Mechanics, then you almost certainly don't. ;)

In fact I have tried all the cont-alt-arrow and f11 key options mentioned and nothing happens.  This must be a cat-proof laptop.

rickst29 said:
"Cat Computing" comes in two forms. Traditional "Cat Computing" is binary: either the Cat is Sleeping, or the Cat is doing something delightfully sneaky.

There are several woman I know either personally or via Facebook,  including one that stands a chance as they say...

All have cats.. All have a cat named LOKI..  If you do not know who LOKI was read on.

Loki was Thor's evil brother in the proper mythology (I can never keep mythologies stragit, Norse isn't it with Thor) He was known as "The Trickster"  I've always felt that is a good name for a cat :).

We are very proud of our rescue cat.  Her previous family taught her almost impeccable manners.  Without exception, she always avoids walking on keyboards.  It's amazing to watch her maneuvers.  She was also taught not to jump up on tables or counters tops.  However, her previous owners failed to teach her not to chew on cords for ear buds.  Their reason for giving her up for adoption was that she demanded too much affection ???.  Hence her nickname is "velcro".  We are more than happy to give her all the affection she wants.   

Back
Top Bottom