What size battery should I get for my truck camper?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pkaufman

I have a 1994 Skamper 060S Pop-up truck camper.  I looking to put ab battery into and not sure what size in need?  Camper has fridge, furnace fan and lights.  How do I determine size I should get?

You will have to figure out how much every thing draws,  and how long you will need the battery to last before it needs recharged. Example: if a light draws 1 amp per hour, theatrically a 90 amp hour battery would last around 90 hrs. before it needed recharged.

Hope this helps, Tom

Well I know heater blow uses 2.9A and want enough to run for two days.  Olny has 3 lights in camper which will be LED.  Ususally only camp for le3ss then 3 days.

No just periodically.  I guess and purchased a 100AH AGM sealed battery.  Hope that will do the trick?

I think your on the right track. I had a 90 amp AMG with solar 45 watt solar panel for our truck camper. We did not have a refrigerator, but ran hair dryers and on cold mornings ran a 300 watt electric heater off an inverter for about 10 minutes. There were some days we were praying for sun, but never ran the battery all the way down.

Good luck and happy camping, Tom

After reviewing my post Fridge runs on propane alone so just fan for heater and occasional LED lights.

pkaufman said:
After reviewing my post Fridge runs on propane alone so just fan for heater and occasional LED lights.

Even a fridge that runs on propane will require some 12v for controls. It will be very minor, but it is there.

Back
Top Bottom