As an Uber-Liberal Lefty, Would I Be Welcome?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I learned after being married for 4 decades....I try to stop most of my discussions before they end up as an argument....

the mods are here to cover the rest.

John From Detroit said:
There are several RV forums and generally political discussions are discouraged.. ON one where the moderators use a somewhat heavy hand I'm currently taking a "Vacation"

So I for one will welcome you..    Jump in, just as someone else said, Speak of RV issues, avoid politics.

LOL. I'm on permanent vacation from irv2. I didn't even know what I did/said. I had to read/reread my post several times before I picked up on it. I'd used a "term" we've used here in the "mid-central" since forever. Didn't even register with me as being religiously derogatory. When I asked/apologized about it in the email, I got banned......permanently. But, I figure WTH, it's just another internet forums board.<shrug> ;)

malexander said:
LOL. I'm on permanent vacation from irv2. I didn't even know what I did/said. I had to read/reread my post several times before I picked up on it. I'd used a "term" we've used here in the "mid-central" since forever. Didn't even register with me as being religiously derogatory. When I asked/apologized about it in the email, I got banned......permanently. But, I figure WTH, it's just another internet forums board.<shrug> ;)
It is killing me. What is the "term"?

As far as my interactions on this forum are concerned, I don't care what a persons politics or beliefs are. Politics and religious beliefs aren't discussed here, and I enjoy it that way.
Below is probably the most political post I've seen on this site.

John From Detroit said:
There are several RV forums and generally political discussions are discouraged.. ON one where the moderators use a somewhat heavy hand I'm currently taking a "Vacation" (And have been told I'm missed) ... We run the gauntlet from conservative to liberal.. I've occasionally enjoyed rubbing a few conservatives in the truth.  Just be sure to exit before things come to a fist fight, Trump after all has told his followers to get violent with "Protesters" (people who tell the truth) and what's more he promised, then withdrew the promise to pay their legal bills.

So I for one will welcome you..    Jump in, just as someone else said, Speak of RV issues, avoid politics.

malexander said:
LOL. I'm on permanent vacation from irv2.

Yup that's the one.  Interesting you identified it.. Says something about the moderators in every RV forum that you were able to ID it from my post.  In the case of Most (N-1) RV forums it says something nice, and for that last one.. Well.

John From Detroit said:
Yup that's the one.  Interesting you identified it.. Says something about the moderators in every RV forum that you were able to ID it from my post.  In the case of Most (N-1) RV forums it says something nice, and for that last one.. Well.

John,  probably be a good idea not to bring up anything about all the promises our president made either , ..... ;)

petuunia said:
I read a lot of blogs snarking about government, our president, this or that...and cringe.

You won't read that here!  ;)  As Tom mentioned (both of them actually ;)), political discussions are both formally and informally avoided on the forum.  We'd rather talk about motorhomes, trailers, black tanks, good recipes, how to tow whatever you're towing, and all of those types of things.  Yes you are welcome, even among those who may vehemently disagree with you on topics that shall not be named.  :)  We can all agree on the independence/freedom factors of loving the RV lifestyle.

Who needs political discussions when we have the Ford-Chevy-RAM controversy to beat each other up with? Notice, I drive a Nissan!  ;D

In my opinion.. (see what I did there?)

Only one thing concerns me... "uber" 

In my experience, Uber-anything usually means an extreme, and in my opinion, people with extremist beliefs (of ANY kind, not just political) can't help but chip in their .02 worth.  THIS is probably the place where you'll find trouble, and NOT just because it's an RV community.

If you're passionate about anything... GREAT!!!  That's what makes humans human. However... just because YOU are, doesn't mean I need to be.

Take me for example... I'm UBER about my Audis (german cars)  It generally gets me in trouble with the Chevy-Ford-Dodge types, because I look at it from an engineering standpoint, not a "that's what pappy drove because he's AMERICAN" standpoint.  It gets me in trouble, not because they SEE my car... but because I can't shut up about my car.  I can't seem to be UBER about it and QUIET about it at the same time.

I don't think ANYONE's beliefs are the problem.. just where they choose to share them.

[scribbling notes...]:

skip bumper stickers
wear lip-zipper
be uber careful
rename Mao dog

...okay. I got it!

8)

SeilerBird said:
And don't fly a communist flag. ;D
I'm pretty sure that's ok .....it's the swazi you can't ever fly.

and they'll need to change the name of Uber if everyone is going to use that term to mean "the most"...it ain't .

Odd...we are having a discussion about politics....is that different than a political discussion.....left wing and right wing are both wings from the same bird

catblaster said:
Odd...we are having a discussion about politics....is that different than a political discussion.....left wing and right wing are both wings from the same bird

The two wings hold too much sway and thats why the country flies like a turkey vulture as of late instead of flying graceful and true.

Bill

catblaster said:

and think of how busy the mods will be the closer we get to this election...

I truly endeavor to behave..

driftless shifter said:
The two wings hold too much sway and thats why the country flies like a turkey vulture as of late instead of flying graceful and true.

Bill

agree...the wings spend more time flapping than trying to fly the bird

Maybe I'm breaking rules already.

However... seems to be going smoothly enough so far... maybe even agreeable.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom