EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Has anyone replaced a battery disconnect switch or monitor panel?  (Read 563 times)

bonjoe

Hi, all.  I have a 1997 Roadtrek Popular--love it, works well except. . .  The new batteries are not powering anything.  When the camper is plugged into shore power, everything works.  The battery disconnect toggle switch on the monitor panel is stuck in the middle-won't stay either on or off.  Does this mean the switch is bad or is there something else causing it to malfunction?  Thanks for any help.

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
Re: Has anyone replaced a battery disconnect switch or monitor panel?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 06:53:15 PM »
The battery disconnect toggle switch on the monitor panel is stuck in the middle-won't stay either on or off.  Does this mean the switch is bad or is there something else causing it to malfunction?

It's probably a spring-loaded "momentary" switch; Press one side to turn the battery disconnect relay on, press the other side to turn the relay off. When you let it go, it returns to the center position. Are you able to press the switch on either side? When you press one side or the other, do you hear a relay kicking in or out?
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

HueyPilotVN

• ---
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 07:23:44 PM »
Glad that you posted your question here.  Bonjoe was on  the chat room last night with this question and we suggested that he post it on the Forum. 

I am sure someone with direct knowledge of the Roadtrek Class B series will be along to help you with more specific advice

Welcome to the Forum again.
Bill Waugh
40' Country Coach DP
34' Stacker Trailer, Trailer Toad
Jeep Commander
Mustang Bracket Race Car
35 years on the road

bonjoe

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 09:52:36 AM »
Hey, HueyPilot and Tom,  Thank you.  Yes, the switch will move either way and I hear a click.

Hosted by Over The Network