EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Used Class B  (Read 2927 times)

diver110

• ---
Used Class B
« on: February 03, 2007, 07:05:01 PM »
I am contemplating a used class B.  My needs are a bit different than most of the people on the board.  I likely won't put a lot of miles on it, but will be spending a lot of time during certain periods of the year living in it.  There is a place I like to go in the summers for extended periods that does not have any hook ups.

It seems to me a newer high mileage model might make sense.  Since I won't be putting that many miles on it, the mileage will not be that big of a deal, and should bring the cost of the unit down.  But I do want everything else to work well, generator, water, etc.

Any thoughts about this?  Can I go older?  Are there certain ages to stay away from?

Also, how hard is it to get all the RV stuff serviced around the country?  I assuem the engine and related mechanical pieces can be done at the relevant car dealership.

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Re: Used Class B
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 07:50:00 PM »
If you're going to one place for extended periods of time, have you considered a travel trailer or 5th wheel? You'd have more room than in a Class B. I'd recommend visiting local RV dealers, sitting down in a variety of models, and see what seems to suit you best.

Wendy
warming up in Colorado
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
~We can't be lost because we don't care where we're going~
Here's where we are http://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=2276
2015 Allegro Ooen Road
1973 Sunshine Yellow VW Bug

diver110

• ---
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 07:58:37 PM »
Thanks for a feedback.  For a variety of reasons (including a need not to be too conspicuous), it pretty much has to a van converstion.

4gottenway

• ---
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 12:01:15 AM »
I just spent 3 months living in a B and found it to be quite cramped. I wanted something that got fairly good MPG for my 'snowbirding'.....(3000 miles round-trip) so it sorta made sense for my limited budget. If you're not travelling too far and the $ for gas is not the prime consideration...go for at least a C.

raedmunds71

• ---
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 10:40:49 AM »
We have a high top Jayco/Ford van (class B) and love it.
But, we are always on the move and it works great for driving in the cities or finding a place to park be it city or campground.  We can go into any national park or any other park for that matter and find a place to park as long as the park is not full.
I can tell you this, I would not want to spend more than one rainy day in it however. When we stay in one place for more than a day we need to be outside, we bring a screen tent along for that purpose.
I agree with the others, if you plan on spending extended periods of time in one spot, I would consider something with more room.
I just remembered, there is not much room for storage in our class B, we have a wheeless trailer for extra storage.
Let's make our world a better place
         Practice the Golden Rule!

2006 Roadtrek Popular 210

Hosted by Over The Network