Used Class B

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diver110

I am contemplating a used class B.  My needs are a bit different than most of the people on the board.  I likely won't put a lot of miles on it, but will be spending a lot of time during certain periods of the year living in it.  There is a place I like to go in the summers for extended periods that does not have any hook ups.

It seems to me a newer high mileage model might make sense.  Since I won't be putting that many miles on it, the mileage will not be that big of a deal, and should bring the cost of the unit down.  But I do want everything else to work well, generator, water, etc.

Any thoughts about this?  Can I go older?  Are there certain ages to stay away from?

Also, how hard is it to get all the RV stuff serviced around the country?  I assuem the engine and related mechanical pieces can be done at the relevant car dealership.

If you're going to one place for extended periods of time, have you considered a travel trailer or 5th wheel? You'd have more room than in a Class B. I'd recommend visiting local RV dealers, sitting down in a variety of models, and see what seems to suit you best.

Wendy
warming up in Colorado

Thanks for a feedback.  For a variety of reasons (including a need not to be too conspicuous), it pretty much has to a van converstion.

I just spent 3 months living in a B and found it to be quite cramped. I wanted something that got fairly good MPG for my 'snowbirding'.....(3000 miles round-trip) so it sorta made sense for my limited budget. If you're not travelling too far and the $ for gas is not the prime consideration...go for at least a C.

We have a high top Jayco/Ford van (class B) and love it.
But, we are always on the move and it works great for driving in the cities or finding a place to park be it city or campground.  We can go into any national park or any other park for that matter and find a place to park as long as the park is not full.
I can tell you this, I would not want to spend more than one rainy day in it however. When we stay in one place for more than a day we need to be outside, we bring a screen tent along for that purpose.
I agree with the others, if you plan on spending extended periods of time in one spot, I would consider something with more room.
I just remembered, there is not much room for storage in our class B, we have a wheeless trailer for extra storage.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom