Ranking of Class B

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diver110

Various companies do van conversions, Roadtrek, Sportsmobile (which I like because some of the models have more headroom than Roadtrek--I am 6'1"), etc.  Is there any kind of ranking of these in terms of quality?  Any easier to sell when the time comes?  Thanks. :)

hi i think the roadtrek 200 versatile has 6ft 3 inch headroom hope this helps

Most people agree the Born Free is the premier Class B.  It's actually what is known as a B+, a van with a widened body, sort of a mini-Class C.  But there are a number of excellent makes and models. The BT Cruiser by Gulfstream is another popular rig, as are the models from Coach House.

Born Free

BT Cruiser

Coach House

Winnebago makes the View models, which I believe are on the Sprinter van chassis.

You might look at THIS thread as well, where a similar  question is being discussed.

hi rv roamer you might be able to help me out, have born free, bt cruiser and coach house been making vehicles that i would be able to get one on a 1996 or 1998 reg, have never heard of born free or bt cruiser in england. As i need one that sleeps 4 and about 22ft long max what one would you say is the best out of the 3?

You can find how long they have been in business by reading the material on their websites. Born Free and Coach House have been around for quite awhile. The BT Cruiser is a model, not a brand name, and is built by Gulfstream RVs.

Born Free and Coach House are highly respected brands but you don't see a lot of them on the used market. Actually, you don't see a lot of Class B's on the used market. When and if they change hands, it is often privately.  You can search for private sales via web sites such as rvclassified.com and rvtrader.com.

I have no personal experience with any of them - never owned a Class B myself.

The question was about van conversions.  The Born Free, BT Cruiser and Coach house units are all small Class C units.  The Born free website even calls their smallest one a Class C.  The reason is that making a Class C is probably less expensive than fitting things into a van.  The true class B is probably going the way of the passenger pigeon.
Art

Thanks for the advice does anyone know which models of coach house sleep 4 ?  ???thank you

Back
Top Bottom