Be glad you don't need these...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
Suppose your RV used these tires, a 875/65R29? Somewhere around $7950 each.  Be glad you don't have to buy 4 or 6 like that!

By the way, the max speed rating is 50 km/hr, about 31 mph.

Attachments

• BIG_tire-2.jpg
    BIG_tire-2.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 125
Tom, I periodically see those on low beds going to mines and the oil sands in Alberta. The load requires a pilot car, it is hard to imagine the sheer size of that equipment without seeing it up close.

RoyM said:
Tom, I periodically see those on low beds going to mines and the oil sands in Alberta. The load requires a pilot car, it is hard to imagine the sheer size of that equipment without seeing it up close.

That image was taken at the Kennecott Copper Mine in Utah and you are right, it is hard to imagine it without seeing it in action.

Attachments

• kennecott04.jpg
    kennecott04.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 83
I was a heavy equipment and crane operator for over 30 years. Not only have I "driven" on such oversized tires...I've ruined a couple along the way.  :-[

Finally! A tire rated to carry everything I have in the basement!

I saw some of those as a kid - in the Detroit salt mines! We were told they came down in the elevator we rode 1 mile down. The elevator was not THAT big. They explained how they squash em in a big press, strap em up, haul them down then cut the bands off. How'd ya like to have that job? " here Tommy, just jump back when you cut the band."

Gary RV Roamer said:
Suppose your RV used these tires, a 875/65R29? Somewhere around $7950 each.  Be glad you don't have to buy 4 or 6 like that!

By the way, the max speed rating is 50 km/hr, about 31 mph.
  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0o3KOFb668  These had 36/51 abt. 10,000 a pop in 1986 that's when Electra haul closed the Conroe plant. I built the KTA 6700 engine,generator,hyd. pump, blower modules. The bigger trucks 200 ton were built in Canada for the USSR.  Today 360 Ton?

SeilerBird said:
That image was taken at the Kennecott Copper Mine in Utah and you are right, it is hard to imagine it without seeing it in action.
  Took one 18 wheeler to carry the tires. One to carry the frame/Eng. assm. Total of 6 trucks(18 wheelers) to carry one truck. Dump beds in half= 2 more trucks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom