older class B...camper van

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tazerman

I have been looking for an older camper van...80's model..... in our area, I can not believe how hard it is to locate one for sale, the only thing I can think of is people are not letting go of them because of gas mileage.  Any thoughts ? Anybody else ran into this?  I know most of you have new models, but for us POOR folk we can't afford that.... ;D

By the way I am in the NW...Spokane, WA

thanks...Darren

We bought our Roadtrek-a 1998-in 2002. You are right. "Used" class Bs are VERY hard to find. We found a few on the Internet but most were too far away to consider but we did find one within 100 miles. We spoke to the seller on the phone a couple times and it sounded perfect so we went to see it and it was exactly what we wanted.
Hope you will be as lucky!

Hi Tazerman....I was 'lucky' enough to find my '85 Falcon (on a Dodge chassis) on eBay. I bought it cheap because  it had obvious damage to the body  but I also found it had other hidden defects and I've quadrupled my original investment. It's possible to find used ones but the good ones really are in demand.  I get good MPG compared to bigger rigs but the B is a pretty cramped living space and I'm looking to move up to a larger C and limit the amount I drive. I'm semi-retired and pretty much full-time it but spend a fair amount on motels.

Well I had quit checking my post because I checked it everyday for a while and no response so I thought maybe it was a stupid question.... :(...well we hung tough and found what we wanted.  It actually is a 1991 Ford conversion Van that an older guy converted to a camper van and boy did he do a nice job.  I came home from work and checked an internet site and it had just been listed 15 minutes prior, 35 miles away and 2800.00 and we got it, 9:00 at night, by the time we got there he had 16 calls on it.. :eek:..timing was right...thanks for your responses.

Congratulations on the purchase. Glad you found what you were looking for.

I just bought a 1989 Ford Falcon Quadravan on Ebay... i watched the class B listings for what seemed forever.  a lot of good ones go through.  i decided my absolute highest possible bid (no matter what. 14,000) and then if a van was really far away, i bid my highest minus the shipping cost.  the one i bought went for 12,301... and it will cost me the rest of the 14,000 to ship it from CA.  its worth it.  the van i found is in amazing shape.  i watched sellers reputations alot, and when i couldnt go see a van i made sure i had been inside the same model before and liked it.

im thrilled i found what i was looking for, and i know you will, too!
and if your looking to spend less... ive seen Falcons and others go for under 8,000!

all light,
Malcx 

i just saw this one on ebay, looks really nice!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/One-Owner-Airstream-B-190_W0QQitemZ130094974482QQcategoryZ50058QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hey Malcolm, that's a lovely vehicle, you are going to have some great times travelling around with that one.

To post a link:
Look to the left and above the row of smiley faces just above this text box you see two earth globe icons. The first icon at left helps you create the link. It first asks you for the URL for the link, then it asks you for the text that folks will click on.  I'll turn the codes off by putting curly braces in instead of square brackets but the attached screenshots will talk you through the process.
What you end up with is something like {url=http://www.rvforum.net}this is my new online home{/url}.    (see attachment Creating a link_1.gif)

The next earth globe icon you use when you are going back over text already written and making a link. This one takes more work and care because you actually play with some coding. It's not hard, just takes care.
You find the word that you want to link to and highlight it like {url}this is my new online home{/url}.Now, you have to find the end of the first {url}  and add an equals sign like this {url=}. Then you paste the full URL after the equals like this {url=http://www.rvforum.net}this is my new online home{/url} so the end result is the same as the first method, just a bit more messing about.  (see attachment Creating a link_2.gif)

Ok, so if you want to past a much longer link then the first technique really helps, your link will become something like, this is my new van. (see attachment Creating a longer link.gif)

To post a picture of it:
Always be aware that many folks are travelling and might only have dialup connections or cell phone links so big pictures are frowned upon.
Click on the Additional options link below the text box.
Click on Browse to find the photo or file (you can also put some types of files here) on your hard drive. If you have more than one item then click the (more attachments) link just after the Browse button.
Check that you re not over the limits for the files, Maximum attachment size allowed: 150 KB, per post: 12
When you have all the photos/files linked then simply Post the message

Attachments

• creating a link_1.gif
    creating a link_1.gif
    22.3 KB · Views: 12
  • creating a link_2.gif
    creating a link_2.gif
    20.1 KB · Views: 9
  • creating a longer link.gif
    creating a longer link.gif
    19 KB · Views: 10
  • edd1_3.JPG
    edd1_3.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 30
Malcom,

I see that Ian has provided you with instructions for posting and linking to photos. You can also click the Resources button in the toolbar above and scroll down to Forum navigation tips to view procedures for most things you might need to do in the forum.

Tom said:
You can also click the F.A.Q button in the toolbar above
Thanks Tom, didn't even know it was there, you're never too old to learn are you ;)
Feel free to build what I have done into a Tutorial if you think it would be helpful. Or we can work on doing other tutorials/FAQs if that would help.

Back
Top Bottom