Roadtrek 1998 Popular 190 Fiberglass replacement body parts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

todderber

Does anyone know if they sell replacement fiberglass body parts for the lower part of my Roadtrek? We had a wheel blow out and it ripped the lower left body panel off, the local Rv repair store wants $6700 to fix says he needs to rebuild the whole panel?  Thanks

Only Roadtrek would know!!! Either them, or scrap yards that deal in RV parts.

Here is a partial list of RV Salvage yards. Google (or Bing, if you prefer) 'rv salvage' to find more.
http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?action=Parts

Roadtrek may be able to supply body parts, but I doubt if it will be any less expensive. $6000 doesn't buy a lot of body repair work these days, and parts cost vs labor cost is mostly a trade-off. Even with new parts , the old has to be removed, and the new installed and painted. Discuss with the shop parts cost vs labor cost and what the difference might be if you could get parts, either new or used.

If you are using an RV dealer for body repairs, consider going elsewhere. Prices may be a bit lower and any competent body shop can repair fiberglass and/or aluminum.

Hi todderber!
Just wondering how you got on with repairing your fibreglass panel -we had the exact same thing happen to us recently after a tyre blowout and can not track down a salvage yard with roadtreks anywhere. Also did your insurance cover this sort of damage?

Charlie--d 

Just as an FYI, todderber has not been back here since his first and only posting!!!

For anyone that stumbles across this old thread, I have heard that Roadtrek has the molds for all the fiberglass parts back into the 90's. They should still be available, but at what cost? Fiberglass work isn't all that hard for the smaller pieces, and with a little reading and practice, many repairs can be done by the owner, and then have them painted at an auto body shop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom