EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: New question at the US border: TWO pieces of identification!!  (Read 7898 times)

Jeff in Ferndale Wa

• ---
Re: New question at the US border: TWO pieces of identification!!
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2015, 10:17:26 AM »
A few years back I attended a touring motorcycle rally in Hyder Alaska, a small isolated portion of Alaska that is only accessible by road through Stewart BC. No crossing stop going from Stewart into Hyder, but Customs stop re-entering BC. Wearing full gear including helmet and earplugs, the agent asked what I thought was "Do you have more than $10,000 insurance?" When I replied yes, her eyes got real wide! I removed helmet & plugs and she clarified "$10,000 in currency". We both had a good laugh!

I've been to Hyderseek twice on my motorcycle.
Once I had to stop, shut down the bike, and remove my helmet to talk to the agent. The other, I just pulled up, and with the bike running,he asked how long I had been in Hyder, if I was bringing anything back into Canada, and said "Have a nice ride".
2007 Springdale 260
2008 Ford F250
2004 Honda Goldwing GL1800
Rampage Motorcycle Lift

Currently at work in King Cove, Alaska

manitou

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2016, 05:05:23 PM »
thank you border patrol people on both sides
live in canada summer & winter in florida
feel safe on both sides

NY_Dutch

• ---
  • Following the warm weather!
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2016, 06:25:33 PM »
On re-entering the US from Ontario a couple of years ago, the border officer ask my dog if she had left anything in Canada. When I told him just some liquid in the grass at the Flying J in London, he asked her if she was sure she hadn't left anything solid. I told him if she had, I would have bagged up the "evidence" and brought it with us. He laughed and said, "Good man!", and waved us on through.  ;D
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox base plate

Hosted by Over The Network