Changing Out Stock Muffler ON JK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john owens

Hey Guys I want to change my muffler like I do on most of my cars and trucks. I like magna Flow and Flowmaster. Seen Corsa Exhaust online, pricey but looks good. All I want to do is change out the muffler and use factory pipe setup. What have you guys done in the past? 2012 stock wrangler JK. Thank You!!! PS I like it racey sounding but not deafening.....

If you like the sound of Flow Master then go with that. Flow Master will generally be a little louder. I have many years (20+) of Jeep experience and have run Magna Flow, Borla, Gibson, AFE plus many more. On my current set up I went with an AFE. It is their high tuck design for better clearance ( may or may not be important to you ). I am generally pleased with the sound, one of the guys in my Jeep club was running a Magna Flow and I prefer the sound of his BUT our exhaust system is a little different.

I am running the MBRP on my JKU but more than merely the muffler.  I added their rockcrawler version which moved the muffler further forward, almost up under the driver's floorboard.  The tailpipe can then move higher up and dump over the rear axle which has added a lot of clearance at the rear departure area for off-roading.  I like the sound as well, it is not tinny or high pitched but more of a deeper, throaty sound.  As much as can be for a V-6 anyways. ;D

They have a great warranty also, about three years ago I had an internal spot weld come apart on the muffler which resulted in a rattle at certain RPM/loads.  Once I discovered it was the muffler, I contacted MBRP and they sent me another replacement muffler at no cost, just a few questions and some information was all that was required, great customer service.

Mike.

Hey Mike. I have seen your pics and maybe some youtube videos you have the killer garage shop with the lift...very nice!!

john owens said:
Hey Mike. I have seen your pics and maybe some youtube videos you have the killer garage shop with the lift...very nice!!

Thank you John, I really appreciate that.

Thank you for watching my videos as well, I hope that you find them informative and maybe even a little helpful. :)

Mike.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom