Neighborly relations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nomadb1

So this morning I go to leave for work (5am) and some turkey has parked his car in front of my garbage cans( I put out to the curb last night) so that the garbage truck will not be able to pick them up.

I was a bit miffed at this rudeness and was contemplating my revenge when my DW reminded me that this wouldn't be very Christlike and so I simply moved them to the wide open spot on the curb 30 feet away.

My neighbor normally leaves about the same time so I thought I'd just see if it was a friend of his but I then realized his car was already gone. I made a mental note to speak to him when I got home.

So this evening I'm working in the backyard and I realize he's in his.

"Hey joe, do you know someone with such-n-such car?"
"Yeah. That's Bob's my daughter's boyfriend."
I explained the situation, and he says
"I wonder what he's doing here at that time of day?"
I thought maybe I should explain some things to him -but really......
"Thanks Joe......"

NOMADB1:

Well, you put it out there...... so.....

It would appear that you are just like me (or the was me).
I'll be 78 in three months and I have mellowed some, but, not enough!

Had a home with neighbor's attached. Each had a small driveway deep enough for one car, and spaces were attached. If someone parked in front of his car, and their tail end went into my space, I could not get out.
Repeatedly, a friend or relative would visit and I would have to knock on the door to get the friend's car moved. This happened maybe 10 times over a six month period, and in anger, I backed into a car deliberately.
I do not recall anyone parking in front of me again for the next 3 years.
When the neighbors treated me with distance, I did regret my action.
In hind sight, I could have talked (asked or made neighbor aware) and I would have had a neighbor more friendly for the next three years.
You see.... I would knock on his door, get back in my car, and act mad as (someone)  came out to move car each time. A friendly request may have worked as well.
Just saying........

Let's hear from others maybe.....
See ya on down the road.

Nomadb1 said:
"Hey joe, do you know someone with such-n-such car?"
"Yeah. That's Bob's my daughter's boyfriend."
I explained the situation, and he says
"I wonder what he's doing here at that time of day?"
I thought maybe I should explain some things to him -but really......
"Thanks Joe......"

Too funny. When my girls were becoming teenagers, we conveniently commented how nice it was to have a police officer neighbor across the road to keep an eye on the house "so we feel safe". They apparently got the hint since we never ran into any boyfriend/party problems over the years. :)

Sorry. I had to giggle a bit. Reminds me of a couple situations I had something to do with back in the day.  ;)
Thanks for the blast from the past!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom