Delta Strummers at Quail Lodge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Last Friday, 32 Delta Strummers turned out to perform for the residents of Quail Lodge retirement community in Antioch, CA. A simple program comprising a mixture of rag time, Hawaiian, an Elvis ballad, and a few fun numbers such as 'Flaming Ukulele In The sky'. Several soloists and duets were featured. An appreciative audience, a number of whom came up to thank us at the end. Attire was casual - our polo shirts with Delta Strummers logo.

This is a nice facility, but logistics are a bit of a challenge. Parking is limited, and players have to park in a nearby shopping center and catch a shuttle bus. We bring our own chairs (35 borrowed for the day). We play in their dining room, and have to wait for the tables to be bussed after lunch. If we wait too long, the residents return to their rooms and don't come out again  :(  No audio issues this day - we brought our own system.

I'm awaiting photos and videos from the performance. Meanwhile, the attached picture is from a prior performance, and shows our 'casual, polo shirt' attire.

Attachments

• El_Campanil_polo-shirts.jpg
    El_Campanil_polo-shirts.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 14
That's funny we live about 1mile from there. I give my in laws a hard time about having reservations there for them  ::). Thanks for playing.

we live about 1mile from there

Small world. We play at several Antioch venues, including The Commons at Dallas Ranch and El Campanil Theatre. (The photo attached to my earlier message was taken on stage at El Campanil). A few weeks ago we played at Rossmoore, closer to Walnut Creek.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom