EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: How long can you make your water last?  (Read 6054 times)

Ernie n Tara

• ---
  • Life is Good - Together
Re: How long can you make your water last?
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2016, 10:31:32 AM »
Don't boondock much, but black easily goes three week's.  I'm sure we could extend the fresh & grey that long as well taking Navy/sponge baths. This is  purely individual thing and very variable (at Yellowstone in May or Ft Myers in July).

Ernie
Ernie 'n Tara

2011 Winn Journey 34y
2012 Jeep Rubicon - Dozer (orange - kinda)
2006 Jeep Wrangler

Dragginourbedaround

• ---
  • I look out the window and see trees, I'm camping
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2016, 10:38:30 AM »
We once went two weeks on 80 gallons of water. Taking military showers (I was in the army and my keyboard won't type n-a-v-y) every few day, using dish water to flush with, recycling pre shower cold water and dumping extra dish water down the black tank.
Gene

2013 Winnebago Adventurer 37F
2011 Honda Fit

Badlands Bob

• ---
  • What could possibly go wrong?
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2016, 08:30:28 AM »
I've found that we use about 4 gallons of fresh water a day per person if we do the navy shower thing.  We eat off of paper plates so dishwashing is limited to a frying pan or one pot.  The two of us have no problem going 5 days on a 40 gallon gray water tank and a 25 gallon black water tank.
2015 Ford F-150 5.0
2016 Winnebago 2201 w/Equal-i-zer hitch

Pugapooh

• ---
  • Wanna buy a truck?
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2016, 09:19:32 AM »
If I recall correctly,when Girl Scout camping,the grey water was run though a trash bag filled with some leaves and punctured in the bottom.  I assume this filtered out food residue.  Just a thought for tent/car campers.
2006 Dutchmen Denali 29 RL fiver
2006 Dodge 2500 Big Horn
2001 GMC Sierra 3500
1996 Dodge Ram 1500

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2016, 10:45:06 AM »
Drink beer or wine, pee in the woods and cook over the campfire. Nobody showers so everybody smells the same. Water lasts indefinitely.  8)
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

whiteva

• ---
    • Nibbler the traveling squirrel
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2016, 07:00:16 PM »
until about 2:30 am  ::)
2008 Winnie 29TR, Class C
Me: RETIRED: Aerobatic flight instructor, RE Broker, EE,-
DW, Nan, works Finance for RV dealer. Travel short distances pulling 77' MGB on dolly.
 If not in the RV we are on the Sea Ray, with Nibbler & Shadeaux the black cat. http://www.acroflyer.com/nibbler/

Tom and Margi

• ---
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2016, 08:39:21 PM »
Drink beer or wine, pee in the woods and cook over the campfire. Nobody showers so everybody smells the same. Water lasts indefinitely.  8)

I love your sense of humor.  Actually, that's the way we did it when I was a kid camping in the High Sierras at Huntington Lake.  Water lasted until someone went down to the creek and filled the buckets.  We were pretty refined, though, because we had an outhouse within hiking distance (in the middle of the night!).  No wonder we appreciated our motorhome as retirees.

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2016, 10:08:56 AM »
Heck, Margi, we were still doing it in our late 20's, when we had a pop-up trailer and went camping for long weekends in NY's Adirondack Mtns. Sometimes an outhouse was available, and sometimes not. Now people seem to be terrified of even the water that comes out of the campground faucet, let along what's in the RV tank.  ::)
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

Hosted by Over The Network