Passport America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Passport America may not suit the long stay RV Resort type, but if used with a bit of research can certainly work well for Tourist type travel.

On our current trip we have used PA 45 out of 80 nights, for a saving of $967.67. :D

That saving pays for a lot of gas! ;D

Ours paid for itself in the first 10 days.  This week we used it on Monday.  Next week we will use it on a Wednesday. 

I just checked our site log for this year to date, and our average nightly savings with PA has been about $18. So for the 9 nights we've used it, we've saved about $160. And there's still another half a year to go...

As long a they have been around, they apparently are doing pretty well by people! Once upon a time Campers Choice was a $5 a night plan, it was great while it lasted.

Used it for years and have always saved money over the price of the membership.  I think it really depends on your travel style.  Also, some passport parks can be remote.  So if you're on a tight schedule, you may not find anything convenient.  Something else to consider is gas cost.  If you're going to use 3 or 4 gallons of gas getting to the passport park and then back to your main route, you've just lost the savings. 

Our's more than paid for itself last year in 5 months of travel.  This year it paid for itself in the first two weeks. When you can stay and save $18 per night it does not take long to pay back.

I have traveled from Pennsylvania to Nevada, and have yet to find a place to use it that is convenient to where I want to be.  Primarily route 80.  Heading back to Colorado and Summit County.  Anyone who could point me to a PA park in Summit County?

I just did a Google Search on Passport America parks in Colorado, and 36 were listed. Did they not send you the campground book, which should show the if the search was accurate.

1PlasticMan1 said:
I have traveled from Pennsylvania to Nevada, and have yet to find a place to use it that is convenient to where I want to be.  Primarily route 80.  Heading back to Colorado and Summit County.  Anyone who could point me to a PA park in Summit County?
If you aren't willing to do your do diligence you are not going to find any places to use it. You don't need a book you can use the web site which is probably more up to date than the book.
Bill

If you're on I-80, you're really not in Colorado. We stayed at Terry Bison Ranch south of Cheyenne, WY, and I-80. PA price $20+tax for full hookups and the electric was worth the cost to have the a/c blowing.

Don't know where you are currently but as you enter CO from the East both Stratton and Seibert have PA campgrounds. West of Denver, both Wolcott and Grand Junction also have PA campgrounds.

We used it for a few years, and then gave it up.  It was great in Maine and New England.  The book said it was only good for two nights, but when we asked the CG owner if we could get another few nights at the PA rate they said "Sure, since 1/2 price is better than nothing."  There was another PA CG about 5 miles down the road, and we could have gone over there instead.

When the CGs are not slammed they are more than happy to have you there at 1/2 price.

The last few years we went without using PA, as it was a hassle figuring out what campgrounds would accept it.  Being in better quality Campgrounds became more important to us.

Ron and joyce

I tried it for one year and dropped it. Most places listed as Passport-friendly ... were not.

thomasamski said:
I tried it for one year and dropped it. Most places listed as Passport-friendly ... were not.

The parks that accept PA are constantly changing as market conditions change. The best way to keep current is to use the online listings, not the book.

We've used our PA quite a lot over the years.  We use it when its convenient and fits out travel schedule.  In general, we've probably used it 20 to 30 times a year for the past 7 years.  As some have said, its not as good for extended stays or on weekends. 

We've stayed many times at the Terry Bison Ranch on I-25 on the Wyoming line.  They even sell buffalo steaks, but there's no PA discount on the steaks!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom