Anyone else having trouble getting parts and maintenance?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EvilUncleEarnie

I need the bed slides for my 1995 JAYCO J Series 1207.  I contacted JAYCO and they referred me to their dealer here in Vegas.  This also happened to be the place where I bought the PUp a year ago.  The dealership said they do not work on Pups and do not carry parts for them AND even if they did, they only carry parts for the last 10 years.  And they do not sell them.  The only reason they had the Pup I bought was because someone traded it in on a travel trailer...  I should have suspected as much, they were pretty fuzzy on how to set the thing up and take it down and had no idea on how to work the fridge, the heater or anything else on the Pup.

I finally found some slides online but, man, trying to find parts for this thing sucks...  Luckily, I can buy generic parts like the covers for the electric cord, the water hookup and the various side lights and running lights.  I found that if I can redneck mechanic things, I can get them to fit.  Thank heavens for Dremel cut off wheels and grinders. 

Anyone else having trouble finding parts and maintenance for older Pups???

What kind of parts are you looking for?

Lift system parts are generally still available on ebay and elsewhere. A lot of the parts are universal, but body panels, moldings, etc may need to be fabricated. Unfortunately, they're just plain obsolete.

Parts like the bed slides for one thing.  I did find them online but would rather avoid the hassle of ordering online and just go to a JAYCO DEALER who should be able to order the parts and I could just pick them up.  The real main issue is them being a dealer and not providing any service and acting like they wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.  I did find that they carry the various "hatch covers" that cover the external power cord and such, and the running lights, and I bought a generic roof vent that I managed to jury rig into fitting with my dremel tool, and the seal that goes around the vent.  They also had the white vinyl strips that go over the metal strips on the middle and sides of the roof.  Apparently if it fits the latest RV's they will stock it. 

I need to get the support legs replaced, the fridge either repaired or replaced (plus I need the shelves that go in the dang thing).  I called Camping World and asked if they could replace the support legs and they said they would look at it.  They asked where I bought it, and when I told them Johnny Walker the service guy broke out in laughter. 

I called another RV service place and they told me that they might be able to work on it, but were unable to get any parts since they were not Jayco dealers.  They did give me a name of a guy who is very expensive but would probably be able to replace the canvas...maybe.  Seems like since the stupid trailer is the same one Jayco has been making for decades that the dealer would be able to get the slides and the canvas etc. from the manufacturer... 

EvilUncleEarnie said:
Parts like the bed slides for one thing.  I did find them online but would rather avoid the hassle of ordering online and just go to a JAYCO DEALER who should be able to order the parts and I could just pick them up.  The real main issue is them being a dealer and not providing any service and acting like they wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.  I did find that they carry the various "hatch covers" that cover the external power cord and such, and the running lights, and I bought a generic roof vent that I managed to jury rig into fitting with my dremel tool, and the seal that goes around the vent.  They also had the white vinyl strips that go over the metal strips on the middle and sides of the roof.  Apparently if it fits the latest RV's they will stock it. 

I need to get the support legs replaced, the fridge either repaired or replaced (plus I need the shelves that go in the dang thing).  I called Camping World and asked if they could replace the support legs and they said they would look at it.  They asked where I bought it, and when I told them Johnny Walker the service guy broke out in laughter. 

I called another RV service place and they told me that they might be able to work on it, but were unable to get any parts since they were not Jayco dealers.  They did give me a name of a guy who is very expensive but would probably be able to replace the canvas...maybe.  Seems like since the stupid trailer is the same one Jayco has been making for decades that the dealer would be able to get the slides and the canvas etc. from the manufacturer...

Jayco may or may not have the parts available. An online retailer may be sourcing them from an aftermarket supplier.

The leg posts can often be replaced with EMT conduit or other generic metal tubing. The best source for canvas is http://www.canvasreplacements.com/. We actually source our replacement canvases from them.

Bed slides are available at http://www.popupparts.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=4_1932_1933_3271.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom