Wanting to go full time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Psycofc

Ok so a little back story. My parents started talking about retiring and going full-timing a few years ago which got me interested. I'm a single 35 yo guy with a cat. I'm a disabled vet that receives a fixed income each month but I'm still able to work. The big issue is I can't stand or walk for long periods of time. My goal is to purchase a Travel trailer and to spend 3-6 months in a location before moving on. Currently living in an apartment so downsizing wont take much. I am having an issue trying to figure out how to transition. I would like to find a place around me that I can park for bit after purchase with actually being able to live in but living right outside a major city doesn't offer many options. Most parks (of the very few) are actually more per month for rent then my apartment is. I am still in the research and planning phase of this. I hope to be in a trailer in about a year whether on the road or local. Any advice for transitioning without going bankrupt and losing everything???

Try Camp Hosting, at most places it involves not much work and a free parking place with pwr, look at the Workers on Wheels website, they have listings by state of places looking for workers.

The information is out there, all you have to do is let it in.

I guess the only solution to the expensive big-city parks is to use one further out of tow, or simply make your transition period shorter to minimize the duplicate expense. 

Once you complete the transition, you will have a lot more options on where to stay, but RV parks aren't necessarily cheap. A full service campsite in a popular destination area may indeed cost as much as a modest apartment. Monthly or seasonal rates are often much less than daily rates, but those are generally available in places that have low occupancy during off-peak times, e.g. mid week. Parks that are 80% or more full all the time have little incentive to offer discount rates for long term stays.  However, there parks that cater to long term guests and they get full by offering good rates and avoiding the cost of an large office staff.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chaderic
Back
Top Bottom