XBMC/Kodi to watch the Olympics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

e5i

Hello folks (Specially @1275gtsport),

Refering to those old threads here: http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,73086.msg666079.html#msg666079

I bought a Raspberry Pi and installed OpenELEC (a linux distribution dedicated to Kodi) to it, attached it to my TV and it's working fine to play local video files (stored in a pendrive).

Would like to watch online content over the internet, specially the Olympics.

Can anyone help or send me a pointer?

Thanks!

There are a number of sports streaming sites on the web. Some are legal and some are not. I have used www.thefirstrow.eu. It is free. The quality of streaming is iffy at best. Other sites will do everything in their power to download malware to your computer. There are some sites that charge for streaming sports. Some are legal; some are not. Some are good; some are not. Do some research on the internet, and you should find what you are looking for. Don't be surprised if you need to pay to get the stuff you want. In my experience trying to record streaming programs is seriously difficult and the results leave a great deal to be desired. I am not a power user, but I did cut the cable a couple of years ago and use a computer for a DVR for OTA TV. That works great. I have used both Windows Media Center and KODI. They both work well. Good luck with your quest.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom