Another W-10 printer puzzle, WiFi printer this time ***FIXED***

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SargeW

Site Team
My HP Envy 110 printer has been a very good wireless printer, up until Windows 10.  Tried in vain to make it work yesterday. Downloaded a new driver from the HP site, downloaded the HP Support Assistant, still no love.

But there is always a twist. The printer will print a test page sent from the laptop, but when I try to send a document, it never gets to the print buffer.  Another firewall issue? Bill Gates hates me??

OK, just figured this out. I ran the trouble shooter, no luck. It came back as "no problems detected".  So I deleted the printer from the device list and reinstalled. No luck.  Finally I tried reprinting the page from yesterday (an Amazon return label) and it still wouldn't print, but the test page would still print when sent from the computer. 

But scrolling down in the print dialog box was a link for "print problems".  Clicking on it told me that the Network Sharing Center was not activated.  Apparently when the laptop downloaded the latest Windows 10 update, the Network and Sharing center is turned off by default. ???  It was on before, as  this laptop always printed easily to the HP printer. 

So rather than delete the thread, I will leave it up as a possible fix for others that may experience my issue.

See what happens when you know just enough about computers to be dangerous!??  ::) :-[

Network discovery is turned off with a major update as a security measure. Simple enough to turn back on, but only for private networks.

I had a problem yesterday. Fixed it by other means (it was not a pri9nter issue but it was a network sharing issue) thanks. I will look into it.

(turns out that was NOT my problem, but it was somethign else that I fixed last night)

I have kind of a rube goldberg TV system here and it's the file server for that that had the problem... Fire wall issue.. Fixed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom