A long-delayed micro-rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
We had a micro-rally with Ken & Sheila Kuch at the Ruby Tuesday in Ocala last night. Sorry, we forget to get a photo! Had an enjoyable evening gossiping about the rest of the RVforum old-timers, though!

It's one of the oddities on the online RV community that we have been "friends" with Ken & Sheila for about 20 years, yet our physical paths did not cross until yesterday. We have repeatedly missed one another by a week or two, in Maine, in Florida, or somewhere in the western US.  One could say it's a problem with online communities, but without such communities we probably never would have met at all and that would be a real loss. We have found many friends through the forum, and keep up with them in that way as well. Did that long before Facebook or Twitter, too.

Gary,

I was great that you and Nancy could get together with us for dinner. So many of our mutual Forum friends couldn't believe that we had never met you personally. Finally we can put that to rest. We had a good time getting to know each other better and talking about our friends. I can tell you that Gary and Nancy are a special couple.

Being able to meet with our RV friends in our travels just adds another layer to the enjoyment of traveling in an RV. This forum has been an important part of our lives for that past 20 years - and more to come.

ken

I can tell you that Gary and Nancy are a special couple.

That's what we all say after meeting them in person.

Being able to meet with our RV friends in our travels just adds another layer to the enjoyment of traveling in an RV.

That's for sure.

Add me to the multitudes who can hardly believe two of my favorite couples have never met face-to-face.  You all have been such an important part of our lives during the past 20 years.  Nothing like this framily!

Margi

That is awesome Gary.  It is always nice to meet people face to face after years of communicating online.  Although it is better to see people who you communicate with online at least once or twice a year.

Either way, it is ALWAYS nice to visit with Ken and Sheila.  We just saw them a few weeks ago and already miss spending time with them.  Too bad we won't get to see them at the Yellowstone NP rally next week.

Mike.

Back
Top Bottom