?Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Marion, NC?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blw2

Anyone here with experience at this park?  Comments?

DW and I are discussing destinations for an upcoming trip.  Generally leaning towards heading North to the mountains, or at least hills.  Probably to NC

DW stumbled onto the web site for this place. She thought it makes it seem like a fun family place with lots of things relatively close to see an do. 
http://jellystonemarion.com/
I've read some decent comments from time to time here about the Yogi chain, but wondering about this place in particular. 
There's one here in Florida, but form a distance it doesn't look like much to me.  I'm hopeful that this one might be better.

I figure it might be good for 2-4 nights at the most.  Any comments?

I saw that no one had responded to your inquiry.  While I am not familiar with the RV parks around Marion, my wife and I live in the NC mountains 1/2 mile from VA and 4 miles from TN.  There are several beautiful places just into VA that I can recommend if you decide to venture this far into the hills!

Hey, thanks for the reply, and for the offer

I finally got around to booking some stuff, just yesterday.
Have reservations at this place.  DW really wanted to try it.... she has memories of something like this as a kid and so she has high hopes.
Also booked a creekside spot at Hickory Nut Falls in Chimney Rock for a couple nights, and a couple nights at Julian Price park up near Blowing Rock... A National Park lakeside CG

Really was hoping to find a really nice and somewhat secluded mountain creek side spot someplace for a few nights, where the neighboring site isn't just a few feet away.... but had to throw the darts on the map and see where they landed.... based on availability..... i realize I'm somewhat last minute for the prime places and I have no idea where he prime placses are anyway.  I'm looking forward to getting up to your neck of the woods, regardless.  It has been a while for me...

I have been to the one in Tabor City several times.  It is kid oriented but a nice facility and well maintained.

" Julian Price park up near Blowing Rock... A National Park lakeside CG"....a beautiful place.  You will love it.

If you are self contained and don't need electrical hookup, we have a spot (where we used to have a camper) that sits on a catch & release trout stream.  The road does run right behind it but we probably get 15-20 cars in a 24hr period up our way.  You are welcome to use it for free if interested.  Several great swimming holes for the kids and great fishing.  We are 1.5hrs from Blowing Rock.

wow, sounds great and I appreciate that.  Looks like we won't be getting that far North on this trip this time around though.  I figure blowing Rock or maybe a day trip up around boone will be about it.  I do look forward to exploring more of the area though & hope get up there again....

Back
Top Bottom