choosing a b class

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dred

Any advice please? I am going to be buying a b class 1996 or newer,sleeps 4 and i do not know which one to buy a Roadtrek, pleasureway or coach house? Which is the best? what should i look out for ? What goes wrong with them ? ???please help thank you

I don't think the Coach House is a true class B, it looks to be more of a small class C.  That may be also true of some of the newer Road Treks as well.  In a real class B, based on essentially a high topped van, maybe widened aft 7 inches or so, sleeping 4 will be a problem.  Buying used lowers the price considerably, I bought a 98 Pleasureway from an individual owner for 21K  ( not like the MSRP for a new one near  100K).
Art

My first motorhome was a Great West Class B Van, and I loved it.  I only got rid of it after my wife and I decided that we needed more room and upgraded to a Class A.  I highly recommend Great West.  Very good value for the money, and excellent customer support.

which great west did you have a classic or a supreme? what did you get miles to the gallon? cheers alan the problem is i cannot go and see a coach house in england because there are no dealers here. if anyone on here knows if they are any good can they please reply.king- will definately be a used vehicle probably about 1996 cheers

dred said:
which great west did you have a classic or a supreme? what did you get miles to the gallon? cheers alan the problem is i cannot go and see a coach house in england because there are no dealers here. if anyone on here knows if they are any good can they please reply.king- will definately be a used vehicle probably about 1996 cheers

I had the Classic.  I didn't keep records regarding the gas mileage, but it seemed that I was getting about 11 or 12 mpg.

My 98 Pleasure way based on the dodge van with the 360 engine gets high fourteens cruising at 60 and switching out of cruise control on up slopes to prevent downshifting. (best milage conditions.
Art

king u might be able to help me on this one whats the difference between a pleasure way and a roadtrek? cheers

The pleasure way I have, the body behind the doors is widened three and a half inches each side, where the Roadtrek of the same vintage uses the van body width as is.  The PW has an enclosed head where the RT uses panels to enclose part of the isle for the head (toilet and shower).  The RT uses a enclosed household type AC and the PW uses a Coleman rooftop unit.  The Head is a snug fit for me (5'10", 200 #)
Art

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom