No Longer Fulltime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tstumpf

Hi Guys,
Haven't been around the site seriously for quite some time, just so busy with life! We've been coming down to Pensacola Beach for the last 3 winters, so haven't been cruising around the country in a while. But last winter I really wanted to stay on the Gulf side of the island, so we put the rig in storage and spent 3 months on the beach in a 1700 sf. condo on the 12th floor. It was so amazing! The water's so beautiful and watching the sea life from up there is indescribable! You would not believe the things you miss when you're down at beach level.

Anyway, over the last year Trevor and I have decided that we each need our own office space. Since we both spend a great deal of time on the phone, it is difficult for each of us to do what we need to do all day. So we bought a little house near to Pensacola Beach. We'll still travel quite a bit, just not fulltime.

I had to show you this though. If you remember how we turned the RV into a Shabby Beach Shack, you can tell I'm not too conventional in my decorating. We're kind of going with the same theme in our house. And with a dining room we'd barely ever use, well Trevor puts it this way "We need a place to exercise more than we need another place to eat." So we installed this basketball hoop in our dining room. It is such a blast! And so convenient for exercise.
Instead of a real basketball we mostly use a child's bouncy ball. It doesn't cause any damage to anything.

We do have a plan for a functional dining room, but it's a little complicated to explain. We'll show you when we're done if it's okay to post on non-RV things.
Hope to see you out there sometime!

-Trevor & Roni

Attachments

• IMG_8152 - Copy - Copy.JPG
    IMG_8152 - Copy - Copy.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_8146 - Copy - Copy.JPG
    IMG_8146 - Copy - Copy.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 72
Thanks for the update. We are likely going to take the same step next year, mostly since my wife Nancy now needs weekly medical care and traveling makes that difficult to manage. We have been parking the coach seasonally for the past few years, so a seasonal house or apartment makes sense for us. Going to be quite a change of pace, though!

Ocala is "home", so in that sense we will always be staying there, but we hope and expect to be able to rent a summer place in a cooler area, e.g. Asheville NC, or the Maine sea coast. Basically the same thing we have been doing in the coach, but without the coach. Nancy has doctors in both places that are familiar with her case and that she has confidence in.

Two beautiful places to rent a summer home!
Our prayers are with you both.

-Trevor & Roni

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom