Musical days

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
An interesting and enjoyable couple of days...

Yesterday we attended our retired guys club mothers day luncheon. Entertainment was provided by William Florian, lead singer for the New Christy Minstrels, playing guitar and singing some old favorites. A great show.

At the end of his show, I was asked to "come up and sing", my customary leading of the singing of God Bless America. How the heck do you follow a professional act like Florian's?

Attachments

• WilliamFlorian.jpg
    WilliamFlorian.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 19
Last evening was our weekly ukulele practice.

Today we had another great afternoon with Gifted And Talented Education middle school kids. 20 Delta Strummers turned up to work with 22 GATE students. We taught them to play (strum) chords and switch, in addition to reading lead sheets. Following some group teaching, we split into 1-on-1 coaching. Within an hour they were playing 3- and 4-chord songs.

I was fortunate to work with a student who is learning to play electric bass and plays in the school jazz band. Although he plays (picks) notes on the bass, he picked (no pun) up strumming chords pretty quickly. I was soon left wondering what else I could teach him in the remaining time.

Tom said:
An interesting and enjoyable couple of days...

Yesterday we attended our retired guys club mothers day luncheon. Entertainment was provided by William Florian, lead singer for the New Christy Minstrels, playing guitar and singing some old favorites. A great show.

At the end of his show, I was asked to "come up and sing", my customary leading of the singing of God Bless America. How the heck do you follow a professional act like Florian's?

Tom, I'm sure you were up to the task and did a fine job!! :)

Hope so Jim. Last time he performed for us, right in the middle of his act he asked me to join him on stage to "sing the next few songs". I'm not afraid of performing, but I was worried I might screw up his act. So I just sat there shaking my head.

Tom said:
Hope so Jim. Last time he performed for us, right in the middle of his act he asked me to join him on stage to "sing the next few songs". I'm not afraid of performing, but I was worried I might screw up his act. So I just sat there shaking my head.

A Welshman would never do that!  ;)

Back
Top Bottom