12 v 2008 freedom elite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

S3jetman

First let me start by saying I'm an idiot! I winterized my 2008 Rv and looked at wires instead of battery. The bridge, jumper, wires on two batteries were switched, red on neg black on positive, so I hooked up my charger and left. 4 months latter I return to find positve wire burnt and batteries toast.

New batteries, and replaced to 40 amp fuses in converter, and the 12 v 20 amp fuse in battery compartment. I still can not get 12 v system to work. Shore power works everything but 12v lights, generator works everything but 12 v lights. Can not get batteries to connect to system?  Have checked battery disconnect switch and need advice.

First time Rv owner so still learning... Any tip advice or test would be great

Thanks
Idiot

Have you looked at your house fuse panel? Your converter should power the 12 volt system without batteries. If you are only missing lights I would check for a blown fuse.

Test to see if the RV fridge works - it requires 12v. Or the water pump. Something other than lights that uses 12v.  If it is getting 12v but the lights are not, the problem is a fuse or wire in the lighting circuit(s). If nothing 12v is working, the problem is more generic and closer to the battery & converter.

Pump works on shore power and gen. I can no get batteries to connect to system. Still trouble shooting

So the lights don't work on battery or shore power? That will be either a blown fuse for the light circuit, or a bad wire connection on that circuit.

You appear to have no battery power feeding into the 12v distribution panel,so start at the battery and trace the wires, testing for 12v as you go along, until you find where power no longer exists.

The converter/charger provides 12v power when shore or genset is available, the engine alternator provides it when the engine is running, and the battery provides it otherwise. Those three power feeds are in parallel, all feeding into the 12v wiring at some point. There will be an isolation relay for the engine/chassis 12v in that path, but the other two should be direct except for fuses.

Back
Top Bottom