Satellite Internet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

malibu06

Fellow RVers

Has anyone found a Satellite Internet solution that works in remote or semi-remote locations?
Trying to figure out how I can extend our summer trip (so that I can work 'remote').
I've heard HughesNet is a decent one... but anyone with any experience?

Thanks!

We had HughesNet for about 10 years and could get online everywhere unless the line of site was blocked. Just be sure you understand the limitations.

I too used HughesNet for a while.. As Ned Says.. There are some serious limitations.

There is another company that, from what I understand, is a Hughes reseller, but they offer more bandwith at, of course, a much higher price.

Ned,,, What ever happened to Internet Bill.. (Internet Anywhere) I think he became Winegard Bill when Motosat folded.  but I have lost track of him

That man knows more about 2-way Sat internet than I'll ever know.

We had Wildblue for a year.  Worked very well but was very expensive.  We got 10GB per month at a cost of $50.  I had a problem with a download of a podcast and my computer used the entire 10GB in about three hours:(  If all you do is e-mail and web surf without streaming or looking a videos, it worked well.  It'd be great if cost is not a limitation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom