Full bathroom remodel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hillia

We are working on fixing up a1974 18' trailer.  The shower needs work, and as we were talking about it my husband had an idea.  He's a big guy, 6'4" and solidly built, so the 18" shower pan is going to be problematic for him.  Since the bathroom is pretty small, his thought I'd to take out the sink entirely and just use the kitchen sink for hand washing and tooth brushing.  Then we'd basically make the entire bathroom space a shower stall with a toilet in it.  Thus would require finding some sort of barrier to contain the water, as well as the right materials for the walls a floor.

Does this make sense?  Has anyone seen this done?  Did it work at all?

In our previous camper, the bathroom was small, but had sink, toilet, separate shower. With kids, I wouldn't like having to hand wash and brush teeth at the kitchen sink.
Some campers i think the sink can be inside the shower.
Do you have a closet near the bath, where you could install the sink outside the bath, then just the toilet and shower would be closed off?
There are also curved shower rods that would give more elbow room, just have to make sure the bottom stays inside shower I suppose.

I agree with TYwentyrivers, you wash your hands or brush your teeth in my wife's kitchen sink, you will die! The idea of a sink in the shower seems like a workable solution. What are the dimensions of the  space you are planning to use for the shower? Some RV's have a 24"x48" shower.

I agree with TYwentyrivers, you wash your hands or brush your teeth in my wife's kitchen sink, you will die!

LOL! In an 18 foot trailer, one has to make a lot of compromises, so this may be one of them.  With a big guy and a small shower, something has to give! A tiny bath/shower area is one of the worst attributes of any small RV, whether trailer of coach.

Having measured the space, I think I found our solution.  It still involves removing the sink and moving the toilet, but the available space would then be 24x44, so we should be able to fit a larger rectangular shower pan (the current one is 21x21) or even a shallow tub with a seat at one end so hubs doesn't have to shower hunched over. 

I can see how two sinks are necessary for a family but it's just the two of us so we should be able to make do.  another option I just thought of would be to install a tiny wall mounted sink with no cabinet - I just found those.

Did you finish thethe bathroom? Got pics? I'm in the same situation & can't decide what to do.

Back
Top Bottom