Lazydays to perform our final Warranty work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Coolrun

I will get my bit in quickly - because when LD find you have been on here, they will stop you !!

They have had AMPLE opportunity to come on here and put their side of the story regarding my dealings with them - if they felt my version of events was wrong, it would be in their interests to post their version.

People could then make their own minds up.

I won't bore you with all the details but when I purchased my NEW coach, I had to wait at LD for THREE WEEKS for the PDI work to be done - is that good service in your opinion ?

When I went for insurance and warranty work to be done, LD did as much damage to my RV as it went in to have repaired - is that good service in your opinion ?

In the first 9 months of 2006, LD sales declined by 6%. If they are that good, we would see other local dealers closing down and LD stealing their market share - but that hasn't happened - why ?

Now, I met some great Tech guys at LD - but there are liars there who will be happy to damage a coach and not report that - hoping the customer will leave and not notice.

There are Techs there who just don't know what they are doing, plain and simple.

So please, don't come on and claim everything is great at Lazydays !!

As for the weekly meetings on Customer Service - I can only guess that as they are held early morning that most staff conveniently sleep thru it.

Am I bitter about Lazydays - you bet !!

Paul

Evidently my statement hit a tender spot.  My opinion is Mr Coolrun is brainwashed or never worked at good dealership.  That being said, small profit, Bull pucky, they get as much out of your pocket as they can.  Has anyone ever bought from them where they didn't pay them a profit?  If they did they sure aren't going to sell at a loss.  Their volume bonuses with take care of them.  There are dealers that actually have sold for a loss , just to move a unit.  LD doesn't have too, they have enough traffic to eventually pawn it off to someone else.   Sure you may get a good deal from them but as Tom, Smoky, and others have stated, it's far better to take a factory delivery if at all possible.  ME I'll stick with the small dealer, he wants and appreciately your business in most cases.  There's always the exception to the rule.

Ron said:
It is probably a good thing I do not work there as a manager because there would be a few troops kicking rocks down the road for poor performance....

Same here Ron.

....Lazydays could benefit if they would learn to meet commitment they make such as when the work is expected to be done and if a delay does occur follow up with the customer and not wait till the customer asks.

Very well said Ron and the same goes for the dealership I dealt with. I spent most of my career dealing with customers who expected things to be done when promised; When things slipped, I was continually talking with customers. If we screwed up, I immediately let them know and was the first on the plane to provide follow-up.

Thanks for posting your thoughts here.  That is a good sign that you are concerned.

I agree, but unfortunately s/he cannot speak for or influence the remainder of the employees.

Shayne,

I assume that coolrun has no idea of your background in auto and RV sales management.

Tom

The picture is a bit small but HE is a SHE - see profile  ;)

Paul

UK-RV said:
....HE is a SHE - see profile

Oops, my mistake. I was thrown a curve by the email address which suggests a male. Apologies coolrun, egg all over my face. My other comments/observations are unchanged.

IMHO if Lazydays were sincere in making sure their cutomers are treated fairly and  are satisfied they would assign somebody to watch this discussion to get an understanding just how their customers are being treated.  Given that their management are aware of the discussion covering Pauls dissatisfation I would have thought that they would have joined in and at least provided LD point of view.  But then if they realize they screwed up maybe they just don't want to face such a discussion.

Let's all hope that coolrun doesn't get in trouble with LD management for trying to defend the dealership. Personally, I appreciated the valiant defense of LD, even if it was a little misguided. Rather than being punished or censored for posting here, coolrun should receive an award from the employer. This is an employee who clearly cares about the customer and the company.

I will admit that I have been extreme harsh with Paul at times, however Having been in the business I was trying to look at it from a 3rd point of view, neither the dealership nor Paul's. With possibly showing more dealership the customer.  Am I sorry what happened to Paul?  Yessiree Bob. yet the Final week of his problems with LD, I sat back and was ready to explode.  I don't think they would have been happy to deal with me had they damaged my vehicle as they did his.  With my attitude I well may have driven right thru the dealership as my foot slipped off the brake and hit the gas causing me to panic in a depressed mood.  I said in the beginning that I was against LD.  Through the years I have been asked, Yes by Mr Wallace, to come and visit and see for myself.  I declined all invitations.  Have had friends buy from them and returned for more.  Have had friends that despise them.  The dislikes have always outweighed the likes.  So I have no need to ever use their services.   When I was in the business, should one of our employees do to a customers unit, what was done to Paul's, and it wasn't immediately brought to the office's attention, that party would have been FIRED immediately with his check waiting for him  before he could get his tools packed.  
   Now If a customer has something coming,  dang it   give it too him.  But if he doesn't, make sure you are right, and tell him NO.  The trouble with large stores is the same all over the country in every field.  Ask a question and NOBODY knows a damn thing.  There is no pride in working anymore.    Again Small stores do have a little more control over these things, and yes we still have low down small dealers as well as large.   Mechanics are no longer mechanics.  They are parts replacers.   Good techs earn their keep, but unfortunately they too have to be specialized. There is just too dang much to do on these things for one man or woman to learn it all and be able to work on everything.  So the poorer of the learned individuals  get to work on the cheaper units and the more simple stuff while the techs are busy trying to make the rejects work.  Sorry but that the way I see it.  Cause I've been there done that and got out of it cause I couldn't grasp  all the knowledge and work on them too.   Your store is only as good as your poorest acknowledgeable employee.  Don't care if anyone agrees nor disagrees with me cuase that part of my life is over and at my age I could care less what people think.  However as long as I'm allowed to do so I will voice my opinion when it;s an open forum.  Everyone has to do what they think is best for them.  If everyone liked the same and bought the same, you wouldn't have all these problems of deciding.

Tom I agree he shouldn't be reprimanded and I like his spunk .  However turning wrenches is not management and he's way out of his league being a tech.  No comparison.  And their  management plain SUCKs  no if's and s nor butts, and far as the Joe Doe Buyer.  When you start spending the big Bucks, they have a tendency to cater a bit.  Hence the Priority Club or what ever they want to call it.  That to me says that Joe Doe, isn't worth the High dollar guys attention.  Wrong and a poor way of doing business.  Every customer should be treated with the same courteously no matter if he or she, is buying new of used, $100 or $1,000,000 Vehicle. they ought to remember the people you snub going up are the people you have to face when you are coming down. 

It went awful quiet around here all of a sudden. I wonder why  ???

If Lazydays are still monitoring - and I think they are - they can try and sort this bit of customer service too.

My insurance claim involved repainting some of RVs front panel.

This meant removing the "Expedition" graphic and replacing it (for which they had claimed the cost).

I asked Lazydays whether they could repaint it and leave the graphic off, but that I would keep it in case a future owner wanted it.

"No problem" they said - except after being told it had arrived, they then told me it was due in by Wednesday March 8th and they would forward it on to me.

So, I emailed them 3 days ago to ask where it was, to give them a new CG address and for them to give me a call back on my mobile.

To date, I've not had an email nor a phone call.

I guess I will have to chase them on Monday by phone.

Many will think it petty, but WHY can't they do what they say they will do ??

Unless they can overnight it to me, they will have to pay for shipping to the UK.

Paul

Paul,

I really think you're being unduly harsh on LD. As we've read from several LD employees, they're really going out of their way to ensure customer satisfaction. You must be one of those people who perpetually moans about anything and everything. You'd probably complain if the sun didn't come up tomorrow.

Ron,

I see that you too are unnecessarily harsh on LD.

Again Tom,   Perhaps I hit a nerve or 2.  If I recall, from past experience, I do that quite often.  I have no sympathy for LD and as I told Paul on previous occassions, it's just possible some of the problems were his, even tho he doesn't see it that way.  Jaunting off to explore the country in an untested Entry level unit, even tho the price of it was more than an extremely nice stick built home in the midwest, was his biggest and 1st mistake, if not buying from LD to start with.  But that's just my opinion and I put them in the same class as Tom Raper RV in Indiana and OHIO. If they aren't the 2 worst dealers in the country I sure as heqq wouldn't want to deal with the ones above them.  Again Just MHO

Shayne,

Looks like you're another among the anti-LD group  ;D

A man and a dealership is only as good as his or her word.  The dealerships speak for themselves, mostly with forked tongue. The sales people are trained that way as well and the service writers.  Get the guy for all he's worth, cause he's in here to spend money or he wouldn't be here.  Now how much does he have and how much can we get.  As I've said many many times in this forum,  It's the old Hull-Dobbs system and the hell with the customer.  No dealership that I have ever encounter is anything other.  If they weren't you wouldn't have to go to the factory for service and deliveries, they would be handled correctly at the selling dealer.  Small dealers per sae don't have the luxury of thousands of customers so most try to be a little more discrete.  yet there are sour apple amongst them also.

Back
Top Bottom