EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Lazydays to perform our final Warranty work  (Read 33273 times)

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
Re: Lazydays to perform our final Warranty work
« Reply #150 on: March 24, 2007, 03:48:14 PM »
But with some dealers I hear a lot of complaints and not many complements

Unfortunately, human nature is such that we make most noise when we're unhappy; We rarely give much public praise when things work out the way we expect.
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #151 on: March 24, 2007, 04:18:13 PM »
Unfortunately, human nature is such that we make most noise when we're unhappy; We rarely give much public praise when things work out the way we expect.

Which is why Mike and I remain gainfully employed doing Customer Service Evaluations.
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
~We can't be lost because we don't care where we're going~
Here's where we are http://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=2276
2015 Allegro Ooen Road
1973 Sunshine Yellow VW Bug

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #152 on: March 24, 2007, 05:30:20 PM »

Although we had a good experience dealing with Lazy Days I cannot say it was exceptional.  No Tom they did not qualify for recognition from us.
Ron & Sam-home is where we park it. Currently located   HERE

n880ep

• ---
« Reply #153 on: March 24, 2007, 09:44:08 PM »
Tom is right.  We had a similar issue when we built our house in NJ.  They took our money, and took their time to fix problems.... next time, we wouldn't close until they had fixed everything first.  He who controls the money, controls everything.

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #154 on: March 25, 2007, 12:16:24 PM »
I thought I said this before but let me be more explicit,: I can recall at least 4 times when LD provided us with really excellent service: twice involving water leak emergencies and twice in obtaining hard to find accessory parts I wanted. They worked hard to get my problems fixed and to obtain and install the things I wanted, even though the items I wanted were not in any parts catalog.  Example: I wanted an additional window awning on the coach. It needed to be champagne hardware with black fabric to match the others. Service adviser ordered it for us and checked the colors when it came in. Wrong color fabric, so he returned it and re-ordered. Next one had right fabric and wrong  color hardware, so he called Carefree and found they don't offer that color combination (despite the fact that it is original equipment on my coach). So he ordered a second awning with the right color hardware and then mixed the two sets to get the right color combination for us and returned the rest for credit. All of this without my involvement in any way and without even a suggestion on my part. He even apologized for the delay while he re-ordered parts. I think that is outstanding service and the fact that it took 3 weeks to get the right awning was certainly not any failure or lack of effort on LD's part.

And I did not have any more (or less) problems with their service work & scheduling than I did at the National RV factory service center  in Perris, CA. That's not exactly a pat of the back, but it puts them in squarely in the herd rather than off the bottom of the chart.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

John From Detroit

• ---
  • ^My New Home^
    • Diabetics Forum
« Reply #155 on: March 25, 2007, 04:35:19 PM »
See what I mean that happy folks tend not to post..

Now that I said it, you come out of the woodwork  Where were you before I commented?

I think it was Sparky Anderson who said any ball club, no matter how good, can be expected to loose 1/3 of their games, and any club no matter how bad can be expected to win 1/3 of their games (he is wrong by the way) it is the remaing 1/3 that makes the difference between world champions and the basement.

I've seen temas that when they win a game.... Well fans are passing out in the stands (i'm not kidding) (I was there, not on the field though as I was never a student there, daughter was, and she was on the field.. at halftime, I understand it has been YEARS since that team won a home game)

Change the numbers a bit and you can describe most any business.  There will be some who drive away happy, And some who will NEVER drive away happy.  (There was a saying I liked in a TV show once "He'd complain if yo uhung him with a new rope" that applies to some folks)

Of course if you can back up your bad feeling with cause (As was done in this thread) more power to you (Else shut up) but the fact is that whereas perhaps 2/3 of the folks who are ticked will post, 1/3 of the happy ones will (or more or less depending on many things)

I have heard a lot of complaints against LD, but then they have a lot of customers

I can't ever recall hearing a complaint against Joe's RV in Podunk (is there a Joe's RV in Podunk) well you get the idea. (If there is he sells perhaps 2 rigs per year)

Though I made up Joe's   There are many RV dealers who average less than one rig sold per month, and take great care of that customer cause they know they won't see another customer for at least a month, and like the Maytag Repairman (Who happens to be very busy just now) of the ads, they are lonely and like the company.
Nothing adds excitement like something that is none of your business
My Home is where I park it.

UK-RV

• ---
« Reply #156 on: March 27, 2007, 05:28:11 PM »

Quick Update :-

I emailed them about the "Expedition" graphic late Sunday so they would have it Monday.

Someone called me Monday morning and arranged for it to be sent overnight. It arrived today.

It took 2 attempts, but thankfully it is now here.

Dare I unroll it to see if it's the correct one? - probably find its a "Bounder" or something  ;D

Paul

Karl

• Former Staff
  • ---
  • No Brett; no sweat. A QB's not the whole team.
« Reply #157 on: March 27, 2007, 05:32:58 PM »
Paul,
I'm looking for a set. $50 bucks sound o.k.?
Karl (Cheesehead) Kolbus   Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...holy cow ...what a ride!"

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #158 on: March 27, 2007, 05:42:35 PM »
LOL Karl, you'd better clarify that you're looking for Bounder decals  ;D

Karl

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #159 on: March 27, 2007, 07:32:51 PM »
I thought that was a given, but why bother? That's what he'll end up getting. ;D
Karl (Cheesehead) Kolbus   Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...holy cow ...what a ride!"

brasstownbald

• ---
« Reply #160 on: March 29, 2007, 04:32:06 PM »
UK-RV  Paul you have had one heck of a year, don't let the short comings of a few spoil your memories. You must have enjoyed the adventure as I see that you are plannig a return trip. Have you left the U.S.?  If not where are you located? I would love to sit down and drink a beer or to with you and yours to hear of your experiences on your great adventure.

George
George

UK-RV

• ---
« Reply #161 on: March 29, 2007, 08:06:21 PM »

Hi George

Thanks for the good wishes.

Believe me, there is nothing more I would like than to sit and have a beer or two with you (probably be 6 or 8 if the truth be told  ;D).

We are now nr Ft Lauderdale, where we are taking 3 cruises (totalling 26 nights) on our way back to the UK.

Yes - we have had a fantastic time in the US (and Canada).

We have seen a lot, and missed a lot whilst doing so, so we are assured a good tour when we return - and that's just redoing the bits we did this time.

Thankfully, Ann-Marie has kept a log of where we've been and we have around 3,000 photos in the albums to look back on. I struggle to remember what Ive had for breakfast, so the log and photos are vital.

When we return, I think we would like to explore Canada some more (rather than just travel the TC Highway). We didn't get chance to see Nova Scotia like we wished and we saw nothing really of West coast USA.

You have a beautiful Country - not just the big draws like the Grand Canyon or Statue of Liberty but so many small towns and villages we passed thru - perhaps spending just 1 night, but getting a "feel" for the places we stayed.

We can't wait to return !!

Paul and Ann-Marie

Ned

• Former Staff
  • ---
  • Ned and Lorna are former full time RVers
    • Have you seen Rolling Stock?
« Reply #162 on: March 29, 2007, 08:16:32 PM »
We'll be here waiting for you.  Enjoy your cruise back to the UK and hope you don't have any problems getting the RV into the country.
-- Ned -- Fulltimer 1997-2013
1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE
2007 GMC Canyon

MikeD123

• ---
« Reply #163 on: March 29, 2007, 08:24:23 PM »
You will always be welcome back here.

Have a safe trip back and forth.

Plan on renting a unit when you return so you can go scout out the good deals on a slightly used Coach that is under priced.  We flew from Chicago to Phoenix to get our rig.

If your in IL drop a line or next winter we will be back in FL.

Take care.
Mike

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #164 on: March 29, 2007, 08:34:08 PM »
Thankfully, Ann-Marie has kept a log of where we've been and we have around 3,000 photos in the albums to look back on.

Hopefully we'll get to see them one of these days Paul. You've had a great experience and many of us would like to see some of the highlights. I truly hope that either you or Anne Marie could/would post a log of your trip right here in the forum, if for no other reason than as a thanks to all the folks here who provided help, advice and good wishes along the way.

....we saw nothing really of West coast USA.

That was a shame. I recall telling you to slow down and smell the roses while you were out west, but you whisked right by and missed much of what there is to see. Hope you'll have more time next trip. We would love to see you both while you're here.

Don't forget my prior request to continue to check into the forum periodically; You both have a wealth of experience and knowledge you could share with others who wish to follow in your footsteps.

Have a great trip home. Make sure you can still find your passports before you hit land  ;D

Shayne

• ---
« Reply #165 on: March 29, 2007, 09:49:17 PM »
Paul   I know I was a bit harsh on you at times but wish you the very best and when you return, please dohn't try to cram everywhere into  brief time period.  This is way too large a country to try to do that. I've been traveling it for nearly 50 years and haven't scratched the surface yet.  Probably never will get to see everything I want, because my days at 73 years is shortening and dimming more so each year.  Hope you get back and look us up.  Again  best to you and yours.
Old, Stubborn, Opinionated, Set in my Ways, and Independent,  IMHO

Cam

• ---
« Reply #166 on: April 01, 2007, 01:52:31 PM »
Hi Paul.

I've been following your posts ever since responding to one (as a fellow Brit) back in July 2005.

I was sorry to hear of all your trials and tribulations. The service rendered has been absolutely appalling.  >:(

Having analysed the RV Consumer Group CD's, and having done my own Reece to "LazyWays" back in Sept 2005 I thought I might like a 34' Sea Breeze National RV.

Maybe it's the ex copper or County Court Clerk in me, but the hairs on the back of my neck were often raised as I walked around the "LW" complex (especially out the back). 

Returning home to Bristol, I was in two minds whether to buy from them or not. Your Feb 06 posts gave me the final answer.

I will buy from lazydays.  Oops sorry LAZYDAZE.

They seem to be one company which has an excellent reputation for their rigs,  and equally, for their after sales care.

If LazyDaze can garner this sort of reputation, there should be no reason why others cannot do so as well.

I would be interested to know how many potential customers "LW" have lost due to your posts. 1 here.

Please ask Dana if her job is still open, I'm fed up with being an Oracle DBA.. Too much stress.. I could do with a job where I can tell customers to  ........... ;D

I just hope you don't have trouble with red tape when you get home.  :P ;D At least the beer will be warm. ;D

Rgds

Cam.

carson

• ---
  • memories of yore
« Reply #167 on: April 01, 2007, 03:07:12 PM »
TA TA and CHERIOO, until you return.

carson FL.85.8F --  29.8C   20:10GMT

Carson, 
 West Central Florida
Ex RV'er. (1995 Winnebago Adventurer)
2007 Buick Rendezvous, SUV / CROSSOVER

...Logic works like a charm...

Karl

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #168 on: April 01, 2007, 05:05:27 PM »
Paul and Ann-Marie,

Have a safe trip back and enjoy those cruises - surely no one deserves them more than the two of you. Let someone else have those 'driving' headaches. Hopefully all your troubles are behind you now :) What am I thinking??? Your poor li'l coach hasn't had a taste of the London fog yet! ;D

Karl

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #169 on: April 01, 2007, 05:34:20 PM »
Karl,

The coach won't see London fog until it's seen a lot of salt spray crossing the Atlantic. The fiberglass will be OK if it's been adequately protected, steel (the chassis and some components) will rust and aluminum (aka aluminium) doesn't like salt too much either. Hopefully Paul shrink-wrapped the coach to protect it from the perilous journey  ???
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 05:36:46 PM by Tom »

azmuddawg

• ---
« Reply #170 on: April 03, 2007, 11:39:26 AM »
Wow.I just spent an hour reading this whole thread.Very interesting.I own a dealership for a manufacturer of large equipment.I am a small dealership.Just me.I sell,fix and stock parts.My customers even have my home number and some have used it.I am sorry that Paul has had this experience.I don't recall who said it earlier in this discussion, but it doesn't matter how much you have payed for the item.The dealership is RESPONCIBLE BY CONTRACT WITH THE MANUFACTURER to follow through.
 This notion of "entry level" is pure H@$S%*%#T!!A man spends his hard earn money for a product whether it is 1 dollar or a million dollars he has every right as a consumer to EXPECT it to be functional and do what it was made to do.
 Paul,when you come back to the USA  swing through Arizona.I will BBQ and supply you with the beer.
 Unfortunately,what you have gone though is becoming common place here.There are two issues that seem to cause this,Greed and the "Me Syndrome".Tim

UK-RV

• ---
« Reply #171 on: April 15, 2007, 09:37:08 AM »

Hi Guys

This will be a VERY quick follow-up Thank You (!!) for the replies - we're still on a cruise and paying 50c/minute for hand cranked dial-up.

Tom - they ship vehicles inside roll-on-roll-off (RORO) ships, so they arent exposed to the elements. But, they dont seem to be able to calculate how big their ships are as our RV has been left off its scheduled sailing as they didnt have room - we now have an extra 7 days to wait for it.

Speak soon guys !!

Paul & Ann-Marie

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #172 on: April 15, 2007, 09:53:18 AM »
....we now have an extra 7 days to wait for it.

Too bad, but at least you'll be there when it arrives.

Don't get too used to life aboard ship or you might want to trade the coach for a boat when you get home.

UK-RV

• ---
« Reply #173 on: April 16, 2007, 08:55:37 PM »

Don't get too used to life aboard ship or you might want to trade the coach for a boat when you get home.

Tom

Not much chance of that happening at the moment.

We were due to dock in Bermuda today - but the weather is that bad the port (and airport) have all been closed.

So, we have been "bobbing up and down" in gale force winds for the last 24hrs - with another 36hrs before we're expected to clear the bad weather.

The guest entertainers were due to leave in Bermuda and a new bunch were due to join us - obviously we are now stuck with the same entertainers as last week.

I guess I cant complain as there were 10 couples whose luggage didnt arrive at Miami - which had been forwarded to Bermuda. So, they now have no luggage for the whole cruise.

They are easy to spot as they're the ones sitting around the pool in rented tux's  ;D

Paul

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #174 on: April 16, 2007, 09:53:39 PM »
LOL Paul. I'd have flown home, although I hate flying.

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #175 on: April 17, 2007, 09:33:55 AM »
Paul,

As the old saying goes "If it wasn't for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all." The way things went with your motorhome, I'm not surprised things aren't perfect on the cruise. But I bet you'll always remember this trip :)

Enjoy your adventure
Wendy
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
~We can't be lost because we don't care where we're going~
Here's where we are http://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=2276
2015 Allegro Ooen Road
1973 Sunshine Yellow VW Bug

Karl

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #176 on: April 17, 2007, 11:45:00 AM »
Wendy,
It's not over until the fat...well, you know how the rest goes. With Paul's luck, the coach will probably end up being off-loaded in Capetown, South Africa ;D

Paul,
For your and Ann-Marie's sakes, I hope that doesn't happen.

Ray D

• ---
  • Jasper
« Reply #177 on: April 17, 2007, 03:49:12 PM »
Did you use the consierge at Lazydays to book this cruise?  ???  ::)

;D
Boise, Idaho. U.S.A.F. Vet. Damon Challenger, Workhorse/Vortec, 2005 towing a Suzuki XL-7, 2003.

Hosted by Over The Network