EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Lazydays to perform our final Warranty work  (Read 33320 times)

UK-RV

• ---
Re: Lazydays to perform our final Warranty work
« Reply #90 on: March 02, 2007, 08:34:15 AM »
Friday March 2nd

Last night, we stayed in the front parking lot of Lazyways.

We turned the Generator on, but no power came into the RV.

I found the "Isolator Switch" (cant remember its correct name) on the Generator was in the OFF position, so I turned it back on - I guess they had flicked the switch when they were working on our Overtemp problem.

When I did, we had power.

As it was a very warm night we ran the air conditioning for a while - when it got a little cold, Ann-Marie went to turn it down a little.

As soon as she touched the control panel, the air conditioning and everything else in the RV turned off - but the generator was still running.

The control panel totally blacked out.

I thought the Isolator Switch may have tripped to off or something, but it was still ON.

So, I turned the generator off and then back on again.

After that, the control panel lit up as showing us on a 50amp supply and not on the generator.

The control panel went thru its startup routine and showed all appliances as operable - but we still had NO POWER at all.

In the end, we turned the Generator off and ran the inverter for just the TV and laptop.

We tried it all again this morning, but nothing would work off the generator - and it still showed we were connected to a 50A supply.

So, I don't know what was done when checking the Overtemp and have left it with Justin for someone to take a look.

Paul

Any of you guys got ideas ?

Lazyways WiFi

There was no WiFi at Lazyways this morning - at the Service Center or at Rally Park.

There is a full signal but you cant actually connect to websites.

We had the same problem last week and reported it to the Reception staff at the Service Center - who claimed there was nothing they could do.

I asked if someone could just reset the server and was told they didn't have an IT department to do it.

So, I mentioned it to the Customer Service Manager and they reset the server. A guy from IT came and asked if we were back up and running.

Today, the system was down again so we spoke to the staff in Rally Park.

They said they couldnt do anything, so I asked if they could call the IT department - at which they also claimed not to have such a department.

They were a little taken aback when I explained I had physically spoken with an IT guy last week - but they STILL claimed not to have such a department.

So, I asked if they could call the main Lazyways building, to which they said they weren't able to do so. CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ITS BEST AGAIN.

Five minutes later, using my (expensive  :)) cell phone, I was speaking to a very pleasant guy in the IT Department who was only too pleased to reset things for us.

He explained that the system was set-up in 3 parts - one for corporate use, one for customers and another I cant remember. He went on to say they were still having teething problems with the system and relied on instant feedback from Lazyways staff so they could immediately respond to any issues.

He stated that all departments should be aware of this.

So, for the benefit of our Lazyways Lurkers on this thread - that is ANOTHER training issue for you.

Paul

« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 08:46:21 AM by UK-RV »

UK-RV

• ---
« Reply #91 on: March 02, 2007, 05:31:28 PM »

Friday March 2nd - UPDATE

The RV was taken to the service bays at 11am, for them to investigate the Generator problem.

This is what they did (taken from the warranty claim they submitted to Fleetwood) :-

check ems operation,
ac works ok but ems panel stays at 50amp when gen set is running,
check system 12 volt signal from gen when running is present at board and good ground and 12 volt batt signal
check for voltage at transfer switch,
both legs into switch have 110volt present,
suspect bad ems control board,
remove & replace ems board and test operation and working as designated at this time,
reinstall all previously removed items,
= 2hrs work

Their warranty invoice fails to mention a couple of points.....

After they had the RV from 11am to 2pm, I spoke with the service guys and they couldn't work out the problem.

So, I decided to call Fleetwood and ask them for any ideas.

Fleetwood suggested that the transfer relay and both breakers should be checked from the Generator.

I went back to the service guys inside the RV.

As soon as I got inside, I noticed that the Air Conditioning was working fine but NOTHING else was working.

I put the suggestion to the guys that the air con is controlled by one breaker and the other items by the 2nd breaker, and perhaps the breaker was faulty - something they hadn't looked at.

The service guy opened the generator door and stated there is only one breaker on this generator (as there is just the one Isolator Switch), but I stated Fleetwood said there were definately two breakers.

At this point, I think the "penny dropped" and the guy went into the RV and looked at the TWO breakers for the generator.

He noticed that one of them was not quite in the ON position and flicked it across.

As soon as he did, the control panel showed the RV running on the Gen Set and not 50 Amps.

It was 3pm by this time - all we had to do now was collect our paperwork and pay our $250 insurance deductable.

Of course, that wasn't straight-forward either as they hadnt calculated it correctly and owed me money  ;D - an hour later and WE ESCAPED LAZYWAYS !!

Whilst driving along the I4, we got a call from Judy Boulton to apologise again for the problems we have experienced.

Here ends our TWO WEEKS at LazyWays !!

Paul

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #92 on: March 02, 2007, 06:31:19 PM »
Congratulations on the escape Paul. Maybe you should stay close to LD in case something else breaks  ???
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

UK-RV

• ---
« Reply #93 on: March 02, 2007, 06:44:13 PM »

Tom - I take it you are kidding me here !!

If anything goes wrong from now on LazyWays is the one place we will NOT be going.

Due to price, we had them down as our No.1 place for buying the next RV (with factory delivery of course) but we will do everything to try and find our RV elsewhere now.

Paul

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #94 on: March 02, 2007, 07:01:19 PM »
I take it you are kidding me here !!

Yes, I was only kidding Paul. Hopefully all the problems are now behind you and you can look back on this as a huge learning experience. You'll also be an expert on what can go wrong with an RV and why folks should take factory delivery.

Thanks for sharing all the stories with us. Many of us have travelled with you and shared your frustrations. You've also been a topic of discussion at numerous get-togethers we've attended. As someone said recently, many others have experienced some of the same issues, but no single person has experienced them all the way you and Anne Marie have.

I truly hope you'll stick around the forum after you return to the UK because I believe you have a lot to share with all prospective buyers in addition to things unique to prospective UK buyers.

Meanwhile, have a safe trip back to the homeland. Try to attend a match at Twickenham - the English team could do with all the moral support they can get right now  ;D
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 07:52:00 PM by Tom »

Mick & Pat

• ---
    • Thiswilldous
« Reply #95 on: March 03, 2007, 03:26:27 AM »
Okay,

As a potential future RV purchaser I have like thousands  ??? ??? of others been closely following this thread during which both Paul and Tom have mentioned the term 'taking factory delivery' of your RV.

Can someone explain what is meant by this term?

Will ALL dealers & manufacturers allow it?

What are the advantages and disadvantages.......there must be some otherwise every one would elect to take factory delivery.

Regards Mick & Pat Podmore.

UK couple who toured USA / Canada. Oct 2007 - Aug 2009

2005 Fleetwood Discovery 39S,Cat C7, Freightliner XC Chassis  2008 Jeep Liberty Ltd 3.7 .

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #96 on: March 03, 2007, 03:54:30 AM »
Mick,

Taking factory delivery means just that. You make the deal/purchase through a dealer, but are essentially placing an order which the dealer passes on to the factory. You wait while the unit is being built and eventually take delivery at the factory. In the case of Monaco (and maybe others), you actually take delivery at their nearby factory service center.

The main advantage is that they assign you one or maybe several technicians who work with you to resolve any issues. Most, if not all, the techs come from &/or have been trained at the factory, so they're very familiar with how the RV is put together. You get to stay/live in the RV while this is going on and don't drive away unless/until you're happy. Since you're at or close to the factory, most spare parts are readily available. The factory will recommend that you don't wander too far and make an appointment to return in roughly 4 weeks so they can resolve anything that came up after you drove away.

With dealer delivery you're at the mercy of the dealer who doesn't want to spend his own money to get the unit fixed. If you drive it away and come back later, the dealer can charge the repairs to the factory under the warranty. At a dealership, as Paul experienced, you're at the mercy of techs who may or not be competent and who may or may not have ready access to spare parts. Add to this the appearance of a large dealership making large sales, but with a service department that may not be able to keep up. Since the dealer service department is usually a profit center, they don't have techs waiting around looking for work and all too often they're shuffled between jobs that are competing for their time.

Most, but maybe not all, manufacturers offer factory delivery, but there's usually an incremental charge which is offset to some extent by not having to pay for delivery to the dealer.

That's the short version of it. After typing this I realized that we have a file describing Taking factory delivery in our forum library.

Obviously, factory delivery is not for everyone who buys a new RV. There's the inconvenience and cost of having to fly or drive to the factory service center and arriving on the scheduled date. There's also a huge emotional factor to overcome in the buying process. i.e. the buyer often wants to drive away and use their purchase right now, which can only be done with pre-built units sitting at a dealership.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 04:10:07 AM by Tom »

Ian H

• ---
« Reply #97 on: March 03, 2007, 08:06:42 AM »
Hi Paul
glad to hear your enjoying you trip .I might add that although i am in the cheap seats this time with a trailer i am very satisfied with it.I pulled out of Rallypark after 3 days with 3 warranty issues (which i fixed myself) cost $0.Maybe i am lucky with what i bought a Forrest River Sierra 29ft not as well equiped as the Revolution but in my opinion more bang for your buck,the truck 2003 Dodge ram 3500 dually diesel is just great ,both bought from Lazydays through Matt Sibbick at a very good price.I didnt expect much from their service dept but they did fit my tow pack (purchased elswhere) foc even though it was after 6pm on a Saturday when they finished,so i guess for me they are not all that bad.
IAN
Ian and Doreen
Dodge 3500 Dually   Cedar Creek 5th Wheel

Cornwall UK   when not touring USA

ArdraF

• ---
« Reply #98 on: March 03, 2007, 02:20:03 PM »
Tom gave a good answer as to what factory delivery is.  I would add that I suspect most people don't do it, either because (1) they don't know about it, or (2) they don't understand that the extra charge might be worth a lot more than the dollar amount in terms of less hassle and being upset because dealers can't fix all problems.  At the factory they can go to the factory floor to get a part or take the coach into the paint booth.  In addition, at Monaco they make sure you know how to operate everything - something that's really important as coaches get more and more complex and sophisticated.  An added benefit is that any problems that possibly might affect future performance are documented when the coach is brand new and they know it's not something your driving or usage caused.

Regarding factory delivery, we've done it four times, with two Lazy Daze Class Cs and two Monaco Class As.  As you might guess, we wouldn't do it any other way.  It is well worth every extra charge and preceived inconvenience.  On our first Monaco, our coach was only the fourth one made with a specific electrical change.  It didn't work and a dealer NEVER would have found it.  We had about 8 guys in our bedroom looking at the wiring hidden behind and under shelves, including the chief electrical designer who said the change should have worked.  On paper at least.  But the reality was different and they had to go back to the old wiring.  We were very lucky to be at the factory with that one.  Would we take factory delivery again?  YOU BETCHA!!!  ;) ;)

ArdraF
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 02:22:19 PM by ArdraF »
ArdraF
:D :D

Karl

• Former Staff
  • ---
  • No Brett; no sweat. A QB's not the whole team.
« Reply #99 on: March 03, 2007, 02:39:38 PM »
Ardra,
including the chief electrical designer who said the change should have worked.  On paper at least.
Everything always works on paper (except maybe ballpoint pens). It's only after the circuit is wired and turned on that the anti-electrons show up and wreak havoc. Some of the glitches and feats of mis-engineering I've run into over the years would have been downright comical, if they hadn't been so expensive and time-consuming to find and fix.
Karl (Cheesehead) Kolbus   Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...holy cow ...what a ride!"

Joe Bee

• ---
« Reply #100 on: March 04, 2007, 09:21:12 PM »
After flying to Tampa Friday night, I had an appointment with a salesman at Lazy Days Sat March 3rd.   I didn't remember who Paul's sales person was and haven't been able to read the Forum for several days.  My sales person was none other than Paul's salesman, Matt Sibbick.  When I mentioned the RV Forum, Matt was very up front and acknowledged  all of Paul's problems.  He was most apologetic and very professional.  I can't believe that this nightmare can happen again anytime soon.  I have to admit that I might be contacting Matt soon re: new coach if I can special order a new 2007 with 2006 engine.  (Monaco told me NO.  I would get a 2008 model with a 2007 ULSD engine but at 2007 prices.)  And YES, Matt reads this forum.  Hello Matt. 
Joe Barack
Been there, done that, and still can't backup a trailer.

raedmunds71

• ---
« Reply #101 on: March 04, 2007, 10:39:05 PM »
Can you believe that there have been 1,699 views of this saga and 4,388 views to Pauls original post called
"Am I being unreasonable". There have been a total of 283 replys to these two posts as well.

I hope Lazyways notices how much coverage they are getting.

Paul, I think you have a "Best Seller" here!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 10:47:40 PM by raedmunds71 »
Let's make our world a better place
         Practice the Golden Rule!

2006 Roadtrek Popular 210

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #102 on: March 04, 2007, 10:45:16 PM »
....Matt was very up front and acknowledged  all of Paul's problems.  He was most apologetic and very professional.

Joe,

IIRC most, if not all, of Paul's issues have been with the service end of the business. Almost everyone I can think of who has dealt with the sales staff have provided positive reports. I don't recall what Paul's experiences with sales were, but I'm sure he'll tell us.

Will you be taking factory delivery?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 10:46:49 PM by Tom »

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #103 on: March 05, 2007, 01:01:38 AM »
... if I can special order a new 2007 with 2006 engine.  (Monaco told me NO.  I would get a 2008 model with a 2007 ULSD engine but at 2007 prices.)

Joe,

With all due respect to the folks at LD, I'd believe Monaco on this subject before anyone at a dealership.

Monaco and most other coach manufacturers purchased and inventoried pre-ULSD engines to see them through a transition period. That period seems to be different for different engines. While we were at a Cummins seminar at a recent Monaco rally, the Cummins rep spelled out when Monaco would be out of the 'old' engines (by engine size), but I didn't make any notes of that info and my memory is failing me. IIRC they're already out of pre-ULSD engines of one or more sizes.

I don't know how anyone at a dealership would have a better idea than Monaco how many engines of a given size and era they would have in their inventory  ???
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 01:07:23 AM by Tom »

vlady daddy

• ---
« Reply #104 on: March 05, 2007, 04:14:26 PM »
If anything goes wrong from now on LazyWays is the one place we will NOT be going.

Due to price, we had them down as our No.1 place for buying the next RV (with factory delivery of course) but we will do everything to try and find our RV elsewhere now.

Paul,

Besides another RV dealership, you might consider a different manufacturer on your next visit to the U.S. Looks like Fleetwood is closing 3 factories due to “declining RV sales nationwide".

Fleetwood Plant Closing

Vlad

29er

• ---
« Reply #105 on: March 05, 2007, 07:09:43 PM »
UK-RV:

I don't know if you drink or not, but you may start after reading our warranty adventures.

We took our motor home to DKRV here in Las Vegas. The list of requested warranty work had several items of real safety. There were 16 items total.

Took the MH in on Tues (27 Feb 07) and picked it up Fri (2 Mar 07). All the work was completed except for three. Two had to be factory ordered. The other had to do with our satellite receiver (tracvision 4). Satellite World (a subcontractor) will come out to our home and fix it in the driveway.

Talk about great service... But, before I did anything, I spoke with the chief at the factory, faxed him a copy, he approved it, sent it back to me with his OK. Then called DKRV on Monday and took it down the next day Tues) All together it was 4 days.

Didn't whine or cry, just told the exactly what needed to be done. Belligerence and force always the last resort.

29er.

Kerry & Georgia BETH Mathews. Yes, honeymoon continues.

UK-RV

• ---
« Reply #106 on: March 06, 2007, 07:43:13 AM »
Hi Guys

Ian

Glad it worked out for you. As I have zero mechanical know-how, I would have got them to sort those 3 items. As you hadnt actually left LazyWays, I would think those items were missing PDI issues, not warranty issues - but of course, LazyWays would get to charge more for them if classed as Warranty wouldn't they.

I would also be hesitant fixing PDI/Warranty issues myself as the manuafacturer/dealer could claim I had made a minor issue worse by messing with it.

I don't know what your items were, but you clearly felt comfotable with your skills to sort them and it probably saved you several days of waiting around.

Joe/Tom

Yes, the Sales process was nearly perfect for us.

There were issues surrounding the wrong indicator lenses we requested, but Im not sure if that was Matt not understanding our requirement or the Service Dept just ignoring it - based on experiences, Im tempted to go with the latter.

Yes, with hindsight, Matt should have been there on our delivery date, as he knew right from the outset what date it was going to be.

But then, I doubt there would have been much he could have done as the delays in sorting things were all in Service.

29er

I already had a letter from Fleetwood pre-authorising our warranty repairs and Lazyways already had the cheques for our insurance claim.

A full week before our scheduled appointment, I had the work order written up by a member of Lazyways service dept.

I also typed 2 full pages for them, detailing what the problems were.

Your good report for DKRV and our excellent experience at Camping Time in Clermont shows there ARE good service facilities out there.

I would finish by stating I didn't whine and cry either until they had us leave the RV for 4 full days and did nothing to it.

Paul

« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 07:49:48 AM by UK-RV »

raedmunds71

• ---
« Reply #107 on: March 07, 2007, 04:05:38 PM »
Paul,

I was just reading this article in the AARP magazine and couldn't help thinking of you. Maybe with all your spare time while waiting at Lazyways, you could have been passing out copies of this post.
Here's the web address:
http://www.aarpmagazine.org/lifestyle/consumerguide_fightingback.html
Let's make our world a better place
         Practice the Golden Rule!

2006 Roadtrek Popular 210

UK-RV

• ---
« Reply #108 on: March 07, 2007, 10:06:36 PM »

Hi

I read the article and found it interesting - until I got to this bit (after which, I stopped reading) :

The short answer: if you're in the right, you should never take no for an answer. But it can get more complicated than that. Before you go to the mat, make sure it's worth your time—and I'm talking worth literally, in dollars and cents. For example, I value my free time at $100 an hour (steep, I know, but free time is worth more to me than work time). If I'm going to chase down a $40 mistake on my cable bill, I had better be able to resolve it in less than 25 minutes. Set your own rate, and then stick to it. Also, remember to factor in hidden costs: you may win the war against a $5 bank overcharge, but if the battles cost you $10 in parking meters and gasoline, you actually lose.

Im a FIRM believer in principles - if I am ripped off for $40 then I WILL do everything I can to sort it out. Once it is sorted, I will claim my reasonable out of pocket expenses for getting it sorted.

Why should companies (not just Lazyways here) be allowed to continue fleecing customers ?

I await the day when an online community is formed whereby people around the World can hold companies to account by way of their individual reviews.

It already happens (in a slightly different way) with seller/buyer ratings on Ebay.

I'm confident we WONT have too long to wait !!

Paul

JW

« Reply #109 on: March 17, 2007, 02:48:37 AM »
By the inane comments on Paul's tribulations Shayne is definitely the service manager for LD.  No one buys a new mh and then has to spend 3 weeks to get it repaired to use it.  The man did everythign possible and LD shafted him.  Read his posts.  This was not a rush off trip.  Horse hockey! 

Shayne

• ---
« Reply #110 on: March 17, 2007, 10:04:46 AM »
Had I been the SM   It would never have gotten out of the shop in the 1st place without being totally checked and test driven.  Also, When you buy entry level stuff anything can happen, and usually does.
Old, Stubborn, Opinionated, Set in my Ways, and Independent,  IMHO

Mick & Pat

• ---
    • Thiswilldous
« Reply #111 on: March 17, 2007, 12:52:42 PM »
Shayne,

When visited the USA for our very first time back in Sept 2006 it was to checkout several Forest River dealers.

The Forest River Charleston 360 & 400 quad & triple slides is one of only a few American RVs that have consistently been in the UK DVLA's 'approved' size listings.

Now these RVs back in Sept were being advertised with a MSRP of $227,756 which at that time was about the price of a Monaco Diplomat 38PST.

When we called in at Lazydays we spoke to a salesman we had been recommended to, on mentioning the Forest River Charleston he called it an 'Entry level RV' and directed us to a Fleetwood Bounder at MSRP $192,302.

Looking back I'm sure that he must have misunderstood the  model of Forest River I had mentioned or is a $227,756 entry level?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 01:42:05 PM by Mick »
Regards Mick & Pat Podmore.

UK couple who toured USA / Canada. Oct 2007 - Aug 2009

2005 Fleetwood Discovery 39S,Cat C7, Freightliner XC Chassis  2008 Jeep Liberty Ltd 3.7 .

Shayne

• ---
« Reply #112 on: March 17, 2007, 02:23:35 PM »
Sorry that happened to you   Another good reason to never deal with a large dealer/  With smaller dealers  they (most of them) bust their butt to take care of the customer, cuz thats their bread a butter.  Large dealers could care less,.  You are just a number.  Yes, their are exceptions, but for and few between.  After all Some one is paying for those high dollar dealerships and facilities.  If it's not the  profit being made off sales, warranty, and aftermarket sales and service,  where do you think it comes from?  Sure not out of the goodness of the dealers pocket just to please the customer.
Old, Stubborn, Opinionated, Set in my Ways, and Independent,  IMHO

coolrun_n

• ---
  • me at work as usual
« Reply #113 on: March 22, 2007, 06:09:01 PM »
  I have worked at all sizes of dealerships and you are wrong about small dealerships. Lazydays sell 500 units per month average. it takes only a tiny amount of profit to add up to supply them with all the money they need to give away whatever they wish. Small dealers work on a tighter profit margin and there is little wiggle room in their profit. Lazydays is actualy a great dealer ship. If you remain honest with them your experience will be wonderful but if you are trying to pull something over on them it gets very messy. I work there and I know yhis from experience. They are the most honest dealer I have ever worked for and people flock there because of price and availability. You can not go wrong with Lazydays. Keep in mind when you read stuff on line that you never hear both sides of the story and I know both sides well for over 35 years of RV service.
it is always the journey never the destination that counts

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #114 on: March 22, 2007, 06:31:40 PM »
I'd have to say that, since you work there, you can't be totally unbiased; It's just human nature to be defensive. Yes, I understand that there's always two sides to every story, but I've dealt with enough customers around the world to know that, although the customer may not always be right, more times than not they are. Even if they're wrong, it's a rookie's mistake to tell them they are because there's not much more that can alienate a customer than to say that.

As an old boss used to say to me, perception is reality.

I've never dealt with LD, so I wouldn't attempt to pass judgement. But I've read enough reports to understand that there are mixed reviews on the service experience. Dismissing the customer's perspective doesn't make it better. If LD hasn't already done so, I'd recommend you ask them to lay on some customer sensitivity/satisfaction training for the service end of the business, because reality is that the reviews leave a lot to be desired. Telling the customer they're wrong merely adds insult to injury.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 06:38:35 PM by Tom »

coolrun_n

• ---
  • me at work as usual
« Reply #115 on: March 22, 2007, 06:38:23 PM »
 Hello Tom: We at Lazydays have weekly classes on the subject of customer service. I wish you could personally experience the level of care and professionalism we strive to deliver. I do not consider myself to be biased and I base my statements on my many years at dealers from California,Ohio,Indiana and Florida. I have found a home at lazydays and I am one of the best techs you will ever meet. Just my honest opinion.

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #116 on: March 22, 2007, 06:46:17 PM »
Understood, but you're obviously not listening to customers here and elsewhere, preferring to say they're wrong  ???

I speak as a consumer for more years than you've worked at dealerships and I've been on both sides of the customer relationship issue for more years than you've been in service. So please don't throw that one at me.

Glad to hear you feel you're one of the best techs I'll ever meet. Since I don't plan to buy from LD, regrettably we'll probably never meet. I don't question your personal competence, sincerity or conviction, but I've never told a customer or potential customer how great I am. The customer makes that judgement, not me. Customer satisfaction 101.

Maybe someone needs to pay more attention during class.

There's a good reason I'll opt for factory delivery on my next coach, something I wish I'd done with our present coach. No, it wasn't bought at LD, but my experience had some similarities to Paul's.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 06:51:10 PM by Tom »

coolrun_n

• ---
  • me at work as usual
« Reply #117 on: March 22, 2007, 06:52:12 PM »
Tom; I appreciate your candor and honesty. All I can say in defense is we did not become the single largest single location dealer by not serving our customers and supplying great value. Thank you for your feed back it does always help to hear from outsiders.

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #118 on: March 22, 2007, 06:54:29 PM »
All I can say in defense

There's that word again. Customer satisfaction 101 says don't be defensive.

...we did not become the single largest single location dealer by not serving our customers....

Maybe you did. If you read the reviews here, you'd see that folks come to LD because of price, not because of service, and some later regret the decision. Others were very happy with the service they received.

Again, I'm not passing judgement, just making an observation.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 06:56:43 PM by Tom »

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #119 on: March 22, 2007, 07:07:24 PM »
While most employees may be very customer oriented and work hard to keep the customer happy and to insure they are treated fairly it only take a few employees to make everybody look bad.  IMHO some and probably most of the events posted here were the result of somebody at Lazydays not doing their job.  This reflects on the whole dealership.  It is probably a good thing I do not work there as a manager because there would be a few troops kicking rocks down the road for poor performance starting with the salesman that was not present for Paul's delivery.  Yep maybe sounds hard line but my career was working in customer support for a company that has an excellent reputation for how they take care of their customers.  In that organization deadbeats are just not tolerated.

Now we did buy our coach from Lazydays but took delivery at a rally so the PDI was down at the factory and was done well.  We have been to Lazydays and have had a few items looked at.  While the work we had done was very good I feel that Lazydays could benefit if they would learn to meet commitment they make such as when the work is expected to be done and if a delay does occur follow up with the customer and not wait till the customer asks.  Basically they should not make commitments to a customer that they cannot comply with.

Thanks for posting your thoughts here.  That is a good sign that you are concerned.
Ron & Sam-home is where we park it. Currently located   HERE

Hosted by Over The Network