Tailgating with Trailers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scott 3

Do you ever take your TT or FW to events like sports, NASCAR, shows, etc?

I don't, but a guy I used to work with used to take his TT to Dover for the Nascar races.

A friend of mine has been doing it for years at the NH Motor Speedway in Louden NH. There is a large field across from the track and the owner rents the sites for the week end.

We don't have any plans yet but I could see doing NFL games, Louden or another race or college games/meets.  I need a generator!

We are planning on being at the Brickyard 400 this summer in our TT with family coming in from various locations to join us. This will be our first time.  We have a site reserved at the Speedway.  I have a friend who does this annually with a large group at Louden.

Have a generator installed in my fifth wheel just for that purpose, as a matter of fact I ran it yesterday as I do every three or four weeks and put a load on it. I don't use it much but it is there when I need it. Sure makes traveling feel less stressful knowing I have electricity wherever I am. Can plug in tools or compressor along the side of the road, just in case.:)

Have been for several years! Makes football games a blast and very comfortable. I've even had the camper out in games where the weather was minus 30 degrees. Sure nice to come back to a warm trailer at half time and after the game. In the fall our 5th wheel becomes more of a tailgate host site than a camper.

Mtrancher said:
Have been for several years! Makes football games a blast and very comfortable. I've even had the camper out in games where the weather was minus 30 degrees. Sure nice to come back to a warm trailer at half time and after the game. In the fall our 5th wheel becomes more of a tailgate host site than a camper.

Playing football when it's -30 degrees?

Should have said 30 degree wind chill; but yes it's cold outdoors in Montana in November and December. As for keeping the trailer warm it does a decent job; heater runs all the time but stepping in out of the cold to a 57 degree trailer is still far better. I guess my point is that RV's can make tailgating far more enjoyable by adding  several amenities.

Attachments

• Bobcat Stadium temp.jpg
    Bobcat Stadium temp.jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 19
viceprice said:
We are planning on being at the Brickyard 400 this summer in our TT with family coming in from various locations to join us. This will be our first time.  We have a site reserved at the Speedway.  I have a friend who does this annually with a large group at Loudon.

We went to Loudon, NH and the Poconos, PA for NASCAR races last year  - family joining us in each location.  I am headed back to Loudon for the NASCAR race again with my brother and father in 2 weeks. Our son and wife will also join us for the race on Sunday.  We were put up a nice, somewhat secluded campsite area that we are returning to again this year.  New Hampshire Motor Speedway has 5000 camp sites - no hookups - basically boondocking. There are water and sewer services if really needed - can even rent a porta-potty if one wished. They pick up trash and returnables each morning; they even provide the bags! The camping pass is good the Sat prior to the race weekend to Monday after the race = 8 days! We went on Wed last year and did fine with our onboard water and tanks.                                                             

We decided to rent the trailer we though we wanted before we bought. We found a dealer across the state line in MI. He had several nice 2 and 3 year old models he rented out for the Notre Dame football tailgaters.

When we mentioned going all the way to the Ozarks for a week or so, we had to wait until they finished packing the wheel bearings. He said renters rarely took the trailer that far and he want to be sure we did not have any wheel issues.

we go to Penn State for 3 or 4 games a year with the camper.  It is a ton of fun and if nothing else it eliminates the over priced hotel rooms or late night drives home after tailgating all day.  Have dish network to watch gameday and other games, makes bringing/cooking good food much easier, and if the weather is bad can hang out inside.  Was one of the main reason we got the camper.  The only real challenge we have had is sometimes things can be a little "rowdy" til 3 a.m. depending who your neighbors are.  Definitely a great experience though.

Rich

Back
Top Bottom