Anderson Ultimate used with CURT 60605 Double Lock EZr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hatchee

Seriously considering the Anderson Ultimate hitch  http://www.andersenhitches.com/Products/3225--ultimate-5th-wheel-connectiongooseneck-version.aspx.  Truck does not have a pre-installed hitch package, so I will need to add a gooseneck ball in the bed.  The CURT 60605 Double Lock EZr Gooseneck Install Kit  http://www.amazon.com/CURT-60605-Double-Gooseneck-Install/dp/B00DQO6IY4  gets good reviews and appears to be reasonably easy to install based on their video.....maybe easier than the rail system required for a standard 5th wheel hitch.

We will frequently use the truck to hall items which the rail system would interfere with, so being able to have a clean bed will be great!!

Does anyone have experience with either/both of the products?

Thanks

I just commented on your beautiful new truck.

Since you want to be able to use the flat bed of your truck, the under bed mounted gooseneck style mounting is probably your best choice.  My (Ford) truck came with the in bed Gooseneck ball, and it can be easily removed, leaving a flat bed. There are several aftermarket systems available with various features and prices.  All should work well with the ball mount FW hitches.

Hatchee, I have the Andersen aluminum. I've only towed with it 3 times so far - 90 minutes back home from the dealer with our new 5th wheel and back and forth on a short camping trip last weekend. I love it. I had a Draw Title hide-a-goose installed. I chose the Draw Tite based on a combination of price, weight, and a few other features. I use my truck as a truck so rails were not an option and I also wanted to save as much weight as possible.

Joe......Just read your thread and was about to ask you to explain how you oriented the coupler.  Do you now have the empty receiver oriented towards the cab or towards the tailgate (as shown in your picture)?  Also, the pics show you have the ball on the Andersen oriented towards the tailgate.  Is that correct?

This is very timely because I also have a long bed and I'm curious as to the effect of rotating the coupler.

Thanks

As I understad, the hitch that goes in the bed of the truck only goes one way, although it would probably fit backwards.  The coupling on the FW pin can go either way, based on your setup.

grashley said:
As I understad, the hitch that goes in the bed of the truck only goes one way, although it would probably fit backwards.  The coupling on the FW pin can go either way, based on your setup.

That is my understanding as well and why I asked the question.  I couldn't initially tell from his description in his thread.  Even though the design places the vertical force directly over the goose neck ball, reversing it may apply a lateral load when pulling that it is not designed for.

Grashley....I'm new here but have read at least 50 threads that you have contributed to.  I must say that you are extremely knowledgeable, a true asset to all those who come here and an example of how everyone should conduct their business.  Thank you!!!

double post again.  :mad:    Wish they would separate the "modify" and "quote" buttons

Thank You, Hatchee.  You are very kind!!

The post was confusing to me, too.  That is one reason I responded as I did.  The factory even suggests reversing the pin / ball converter if needed. (front to back only!)  It simply changes the distance from the FW to the back of the cab if space is too tight.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom