My wife is a Disney fanatic!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If your subject line is true, then you have no choice.  This I know first hand.  ;D
Your fate lies not just anywhere in Florida, but specifically in the Orlando area. It's a big state. There's an awful lot of Florida that's more than a day trip away from anything Disney.
My wife is living her dream. She became a Cast Member almost 10 years ago, works part-time, and loves being "part of the magic".

Forgot to click the notify button and I just now saw your reply. Yes, my wife would enjoy being a cast member as well, no doubt.

I'm surprised Tom Seiler hasn't stepped in yet. He lives close to Mickey's house. He goes there I think every week.

It is obvious that living in Florida is your only choice. I have lived 25 miles from the Mouse for the last three years and love it here. I buy most of my stuff from Amazon so the sales tax doesn't bother me. We have fabulous weather and southern hospitality is very real. Good place to retire.

6% is a "wicked sales tax"?? Heh heh. Come to Quebec where it is only about 15%

Alfa38User said:
6% is a "wicked sales tax"?? Heh heh. Come to Quebec where it is only about 15%

I'm use to no sales tax.

There are four states with no sales tax: Delaware, Montana, Oregon, and New Hampshire. A fifth, Alaska, has no state-level sales tax but allows municipalities to impose the retail-level tax. As a result, the average sales tax rate in Alaska is 1.69%

Rene T said:
I'm use to no sales tax.

There are four states with no sales tax: Delaware, Montana, Oregon, and New Hampshire. A fifth, Alaska, has no state-level sales tax but allows municipalities to impose the retail-level tax. As a result, the average sales tax rate in Alaska is 1.69%
I liked that when i lived in New Hampshire if the price is $1.99 you get change from $2.00 property and use taxes where a bear instead. "What they lose on the peanuts they makeup on the popcorn"

Rene T said:
There are four states with no sales tax: Delaware, Montana, Oregon, and New Hampshire.

Yeah.  Those are the only states where dollar stores work as they should.

I am also in Florida, Tampa Bay area. Not sure where you are from, but inland gets VERY hot during the summer. We live on the coast, so it's not so much with the sea breeze. You do get used to it after a while, though, and it depends on your heat tolerance.

Like someone else said, there are tons of places to camp in this state and we have several of them on our list when we start doing our weekend trips, eventually transitioning to longer ones.

We have a 5 y/o son and we are actually heading to Animal Kingdom Lodge for his birthday on Saturday for four days. We know about going to Disney nearly every weekend, but I think it was more for the adults than our son. ;)

There's no way I would even think of living there in the summer. New England is the place for me when it gets hot.

DickHutchings said:
There's no way I would even think of living there in the summer. New England is the place for me when it gets hot.
That seems to be a common reaction. I live here all summer long and the heat and humidity doesn't bother me in the least. In fact I love the summer weather.

SeilerBird said:
That seems to be a common reaction. I live here all summer long and the heat and humidity doesn't bother me in the least. In fact I love the summer weather.
  As long as the A/C working I'm good too. Gets hot and humid. Florida and East Tx.

Feels like Florida here in the San Fernando Valley.  10:30 pm it's 80 degrees and 60% humidity and it's been hot and muggy all day.  The a/c is sending a waterfall down the side of my motorhome.

SeilerBird said:
  We have a home in Zephyr hills but will camp about the area mostly north about the lakes in winter months ,I like to fish. Can't keep her away from the mouse either.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom