Rhode Island South County Hot Air Balloon Festival July 22,23, & 24th 2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suva39

Hello, The Wakefield Rotary Club hosts the South County Hot Air Balloon Festival annually, the 3rd weekend in July. There is a dry camping area for self-contained camping. The area can accommodate approximately 100 rigs.  Cost are $75 for 2 adults and 1 rig, including 2 weekend pass's to the festival.

Please visit the website for more information.

Follow or cut and paste the link below for the web site,  The registration form for camping is at the top of the website page.

www.southcountyballoonfest.com

The event is also host to the Kansas City BBQ Rhode Island State Championship Competition, where BBQ folks from across the country compete in different  BBQ categories to make a National Invitation only competition.

The South County Hot Air Balloon Festival was awarded the Yankee Magazine top 20 event in 2012

All proceed are donated to local , national, and international charities.

Thank you for the time, Hope to hear from some folks... Russell

The Web Site says it's $60.00 for camping. Maybe they didn't update the registration form yet. 
Do you know if they allow generators to be run during daytime? I have a Yamaha 2000 and it's super quiet.

Russell, I was curious about the $60/$75 difference as well. We paid $60 and received confirmation, but also got a post card stating $75. We'll be there with several families and want to do the right thing. After all, this is a fund raiser for the Rotary Club.

Rene, generators are allowed. We're planning on boondocking at Mohegan Sun on Thursday night, then moving to URI in the morning.

HappyWanderer said:
Russell, I was curious about the $60/$75 difference as well. We paid $60 and received confirmation, but also got a post card stating $75. We'll be there with several families and want to do the right thing. After all, this is a fund raiser for the Rotary Club.

Rene, generators are allowed. We're planning on boondocking at Mohegan Sun on Thursday night, then moving to URI in the morning.

Does the field fill up fast? I understand that they have another field and they use a shuttle. Our problem is my DW uses a mobility scooter so I'm not sure if the shuttle will take on scooters.

The field didn't fill up last year. Can the scooter run on grass? If so, you shouldn't have any problem going from the camping area to the festival. I know that a shuttle was in operation, but didn't pay much attention to it.

Maybe Russell will pop back in. If not, shoot him an email. I found him and his wife to be very helpful last year.

HappyWanderer said:
The field didn't fill up last year. Can the scooter run on grass? If so, you shouldn't have any problem going from the camping area to the festival. I know that a shuttle was in operation, but didn't pay much attention to it.

Maybe Russell will pop back in. If not, shoot him an email. I found him and his wife to be very helpful last year.

Yes it does go in the grass. I was concerned if we ended up in the other field if the scooter can be loaded on the shuttle. I don't know how far the fields are from the festival. Can you tell me? 
We have decided to go as of right now. I printed out the registration form today and will get it off in the mail Monday.

Sounds like we may be able to have a mini rally while there.

The camping area is about a 5 minute walk across the field to the festival area, all of it level. The best view for fireworks is from the camping area. If your schedule allows, join us Thursday night. We'll leave in time to arrive just after the gates open on Friday morning.

HI Folks! Sorry for the late reply, Karen and I are out of town for a week or so. It is embarrassing that the web site has not been updated. The cost is $75 as my postcard reflected. Hopefully the website will catch up. I was going to try and settle those issues at the festival. Generators are OK with respect to your neighbor and of course not at night. The shuttle is a golf cart. Motorized scooters can't fit on the cart. There is only 1 field and we can accommodate up to 100 rigs.
I think I got to the all the questions. Please remember this festival is totally run by Rotarian volunteers who donated 100% of the proceeds to charities.
Hope to see every one there,
Russell

Back
Top Bottom