1995 Prowler rebuild

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jvcoach_23

Hello all.  My first post to rvforum.  I am in the process of rebuilding a 1995 Prowler.  We bought it fairly cheap and I'm in the process of fixing water damage.  All the compartments and windows need to be removed and new butyl tape put in.  I think the old stuff was putty and is not holding up anymore.  I've been looking around and see Dicor mentioned frequently as being a great product as well as not having any putty in the butyl.  I've also seen Heng butyl tape.  The only reason i'm considering the Heng tape over dicor is because i can't find any dicor that comes thicker than 1/8".  The camper has aluminium siding and i'd have to double up a lot.. so was just trying to consider my options.  i'm going to need a lot of tape.

thanks
shannon

Hello,

I'm a crotchety old RV dinosaur who has never like the tapes. I have always reset anything I remove with a advanced polymer caulk like Dap Sidewinder. It's a little more time consuming and a little more messy till you get the hang using it. But I know it works better and lasts longer. Just food for thought.

Happy camping! Tom

I know it's been a little bit since you responded.. but i'm finally to a place where i'm starting to put the camper back together.  I was wondering if you could take a look at this product and tell me if it should work.  It is what i found at lowes.

http://www.lowes.com/pd/OSI-GS121-10-fl-oz-Clear-Synthetic-Polymer-Gutter-Sealant/50314839.

I suppose anything that says Polymer caulk is ok?

Sure do appreciate the help.
Thanks
Shannon

Back
Top Bottom