Lifting Cables broken, how do I get it up without taking to dealer and $$$

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Newjaycoowner

Have a 1992 Jayco Cardinal Pop-Up and 3 out of the 4 lifting cables are broken...my question is: how do I get it up to repair/replace cables and hardware without having to take it to a dealer and spend $$$.
The 4 eye bolts that are on the sides of the telescoping poles that lift the roof have pulled thru the thin sheet metal on the sides of the roof and are not attached to the roof anymore so attaching something to them from overhead to help lift are out of the question.
Wood frame for the roof is starting to deteriorate to the point where it is falling apart also.
Tried manual lifting with a couple of friends with 2x4s to brace up the corners but that was pretty sketchy and was going to do more damage to the roof.
Can you guys help with options?
Also, if out of options and a dealer is the only way and someone has had to have the roof replaced, how much did it cost in repairs?
Please help.
Thanks!

Your answers are here:  http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,94712.msg854874.html#msg854874

When I has a pop-up.  Viking same lift system.  I just cut a 2x4 into various length. And inches up useing the blocking to.hold up. 2 in one side then the other back and fourth tial it was up

We lifted my neighbors top by parking it in my garage and lifting it with a couple of come alongs  hung from the rafters.  Worked like a charm.

The information is out there, all you have to do is let it in.

My last pop-up a jayco is the.main reason I have a travel trailer know........ I still jone with my wife when it rains. And I say look I'm tucking the wall and I'm not getting wet

Back
Top Bottom